Sim 1 (S5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donkey

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
For $3.0M, what team in BSL had the best off-season and which team had the worst off-season (and why for both)?

Foreman

Best:
Biased answer for this is me. I got all 3 of my picks back and landed some decent prospects in the process.
Unbiased answer, Bulls. Landed the number 1 pick and already look like a playoff team again after one tanking season.

Worst:
Mavericks. They moved another first for a role player that doesn't really change their team moving forward.

panda

Buy a ticket, take the ride
Best: Rockets because they actually have a GM now so Chauncey won't go to waste

Worst: Rockets because they have a GM who has never won a ring

the_jon

Best: Gonna say Bulls. I dont necessarily love all their moves but they went from a bottom feeder to a legitimate team in one offseason so that has to count for something. Not sure if anyone else made a big push aside from Orlando getting MJ but Orlando was already a top team.

Worst: Nuggets trading many of their good players but not really getting much in return. Now they are kinda middling without much direction. I liked Hanks work prior to this offseason.

G9.

Pistons GM
Best- Bucks. Hecka biased. Good tc though and added Fortson
Worst- 76ers. Lost the man. City will never be the same.

mngopher35

Best: I am going with the Magic adding MJ to what already seemed like a top level team

Worst: I am gonna go with myself for missing out on a couple of guys I had targeted and not being able to add another nice piece.

Reactions: G9.

notail

Best: Magic adding MJ was a power move
Worst: Grizzlies.other than Jermaine, the youths didn't develop and the FA didn't help

hokeyrules

Best - Magic adding MJ like everyone else has said
Worst - Raptors, I have 25 mil in salary I missed the boat on cut backs and because of FA being one day totally forgot about doing bids and missed out on adding to my team

the_jon

Best - Magic adding MJ like everyone else has said
Worst - Raptors, I have 25 mil in salary I missed the boat on cut backs and because of FA being one day totally forgot about doing bids and missed out on adding to my team
You didnt miss anything. FA was ass cheeks this year which is why we did it in one sim

AiRuPtHeRe™

Winners - Magic, they added MJ without moving Penny/Shaq core. Huge win.

Losers - Nets.. they settled with a meh package back for MJ.

cavsfan817

Staff member
Best — Magic. Landing MJ effectively lands them their first ship in this iteration. For next to nothing too

Worst — Nets. Goes hand-in-hand for the best offseason. Sat on MJ because he was stubborn, ruined his tank last season for nothing, and took a meh package this off-season. No rhyme or reason.

Donkey

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Best: Bulls by far. After getting the number one overall pick, they flipped the switch quick to competing and now have a solid team around Big Z and TMac.

Worst: Probably the Hornets because of the Bootsy Thornton overpay but it won't hurt the tank for them at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.