Sim 5 (S8)

Nate

Staff member
To this point if this iteration, what’s your biggest regret?

$3 Mill

Cloud

Staff member
Hmm, I guess it’s not so much regret because I basically got lucky with a grand slam with Clyde and my other guys but I do wonder what would’ve been had Pullen not busted or if I’d taken J’Covan Brown or Terrico White instead or maybe if I’d taken Jasper over Crowe (which I had my finger hovering over the button to do)

but like I said like it all led to me having an incredible situation now so if those things had to pan that way for the way it is now wouldn’t do anything different

I guess maybe I kind of regret going old and expensive Jimmy and Dame in the redraft but we were title favs for 2 years if it would’ve panned out I wouldn’t regret it but I should’ve taken Amen and company and went young and flexible to start

notail

Taking Ernest Udeh Jr. instead of Ugonna Onyenso as I was considering Ugonna with my pick. I ended up getting Ugonna but I would not have had to trade for him. Also obviously picking Scoot with my first round pick is the other big mistake. He could have panned out if he used his potential but there were multiple better pick options there for sure.

Kings

Ty
Building around Fox/PG because they’re my fav players. And then missing the first FA and losing all my depth. Recently losing Duru hurts too

BradS4President

Magicians
Probably not adding a better big with Kyrie Irving and Tobias Harris during the first three seasons. Might have been able to win a ship if i had been more aggressive.
Also have given out bad contracts but that's nothing new

Mzylinski

Getting fucked over on Edgecombe, had I know he was illegally played at PG to put up his numbers I’d not have dealt for him

Just Swaggy

The Jakob trade. Had to overpay and compete when I shouldn’t have, but on the bright side winning is better than losing. Than, watching Brooks get VC with my pick just made it worse lol.

Last edited:

yrtb

Wizards
Staff member
Not resigning OG was tough. I think we had a shot at a ring last year if we still had him. I was just 2M too cheap on the offer

AiRuPtHeRe™

Taking Lamelo round 1. Didn’t really turn into what I think he could be but it did net me 3 first rounders.

GB

Your Moms Favorite GM
I regret going all in and trading prospects to compete. Kind of pointless this iteration to do something like that.

brooks

Thunder
Giving up the Knicks when I started my new job lmao. I needed to make some moves but had zero time to do it so figured it would make sense to let someone else do it.

Donkey

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I think buying into Jaylen Brown and Domantas Sabonis too hard has been my downfall. Neither are players that have been able to get me over the hump. And then I had to cut bait on Sabonis because the contract was out of control. He came into this iteration with potential though, he just never really improved.

Hooper

I traded a pick for Isiah Harwell which became the +1 pick. I also traded my pick this year for something random awhile back, I don't even remember. Awful though.

G9.

Pistons GM
Not pushing Tyler harder to make a trade last year / not getting back to him in time during the prior offseason where he had some decent deals on the table or in his mind.

We fumbled it. Taking my own team now though so hopefully can pay closer attention to both the Pistons and Raptors until Detroit is competing again.