Sim 5 (S7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donkey

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
For $3.0M, who has been the worst GM and best GM this iteration so far and why?

Panic!

Best - Bullets GM - his best players were not with him to begin with. And he got the GOAT
Worst - Panic - this guy does not know what he is doing. Should tank in 2 seasons.

Xxplayerxx23

Best - Bullets GM - his best players were not with him to begin with. And he got the GOAT
Worst - Panic - this guy does not know what he is doing. Should tank in 2 seasons.
Your so lucky nobody keeps track of the bs answers you give. You should never be allowed to collect money

Foreman

Best - Bullets/Ebbs. If the west was any stronger, I'd give it to NC, but due to the competition in the east and him still being able to be on top, he has to be the pick.
Worst - Rotating Hornets GM. Feels like this always happens with the Hornets but they never have a GM who can build something. There's no future pieces or plan for them right now, and it seems to have been like that from the start.

panda

Buy a ticket, take the ride
Don't really have any idea since I just got here, but based on observations

Ebbs drafted the goat and got another top shooting scorer in the league and the rest has been fairly straightforward. Thus far I guess it's him

As for worst I truly don't have any clue so I'll just take a stab at some of the usual suspects and say either Daulten or Brad.

hokeyrules

Best - Ebbs because he traded up to get Terry, has made the proper moves and has been successful. Other gms have had great teams and just have been unable to win.
Worst - Sonics (sorry Daulton) I just don't think they have much going for them not bad enough to get a top spot, no real draft choice has worked out. So maybe some bad luck.

Xxplayerxx23

Best- ebbs for pulling off the Allen/Terry combo. So early but he had 2 championships making the big drob trade was huge too.
Worst Daulten- he started with a good team made a bad moves and rebuilded which is fine but then you don’t have much as far as talent after years of tanking and now one bad luck fall in the lotto you may not even get a for sure stud here

The Godfather

Best Ebbs ..I mean he has a Dynasty going in a loaded top heavy East

Worst . DAULTEN.. inherited best win now team and somehow messed that up..before selling tanking and messing up his lottos.. what could go wrong when wrong and not 1 thing he has done has = right.. pathetic

notail

Best: Timberwolves vs Ebbs. Ebbs built his dynasty through drafting Terry/Allan and their development in TC. Timberwolves build a contender through KG and adding pieces around him

Worst: Sonics only because they had pieces that were legitimately good in Kemp, GP. They could have competed for years just with GP or retool with nice youths

Curry

Administrator
Administrator
Best: Ebbs because I traded NC Nash and created this dynasty so fuck him
Worst: Me because I traded NC Nash and created this dynasty

yrtb

Wizards
Staff member
Best: Ebbs for putting together the dynasty w/ Terry/Allen

Worst: Boring answer but Daulten - the Sonics don't have a lot going for them other than Jamal Crawford

NCツ

Best: Myself! Zero losing record seasons, 3 finals appearances, one ring

Worst: Daulten. Fumbled the strong sonics core away during their prime and rebuild has not gone well

Cloud

Staff member
Give me process > results, results based thinking is flawed

Best:

Probably Nc. Think he had to do more to get where he is than ebbs did. Lot more moves.

Worst:

Probably Donkey. Complied a ton of picks but hasn’t hit on anything so far. Basically been stagnant for like 7 seasons. I answer him over daulten because you expect that with daulten but donkey could’ve been bullying the western conference you expect more from him

AiRuPtHeRe™

Best - NC - he’s built well around KG putting pieces around him. Jason Terry is just a cheat code.

Worst - whoever hornets GM is. Tell that guy to pay attention.

mngopher35

Ebbs - Terry/Allen/Drob was unreal in the playoffs, already with a couple rings. He has very bright future with his duo as well

Daulten - Had a good starting team but didn't do much when competed, has an upcoming pick owed so will need to compete, and has no star yet. Needs a nice lotto bounce but even then will be cutting his rebuild short to build around them.

the_jon

Best - NC has constantly made moves to capitalize on being in such a shit conference. Many finals appearances in part due to easy path but also being on the ball with making roster adjustments year after year.

Worst - Jon. I mean leaving the powerhouse Bucks to toil in Philadelphia was probably the worst move anyone has made.

J/k it's the rotation of Hornets GMs. Not their fault, the inexperience makes it extremely difficult for them.

GB

Your Moms Favorite GM
Best gm - nc or ebbs is obvious but I’m gonna show g9 some love after not having a hot iteration last time around has built a great team with some staying power in their young stars

worst gm - hard to say this early because so many teams have just flat tanked hard basically the whole time. Half the west could be nominated here.

G9.

Pistons GM
Best - jb. He has consistently jumped on good deals that have given him the players necessary to win with Brandon leading the charge. Brandon obviously started with him and has had some nice TCs but it takes more than just him to stay at the top of this tough conference. He's had a lot of moving pieces even though he tries to act like he hasn't. Every time he does lose a player (i.e. Webber) he somehow doesn't do any worse because of it.

Worst - Username. I think he is quite washed as a GM. He won the easy chip at the beginning but has really blundered since then. Trading two picks for Samuel Dalembert was the ultimate fail. I think he's going to turn it around, especially with this years successful tank and perhaps even another solid addition in the next draft - but from the chip until now have been big yikes.

Donkey

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
BEST GM: I'm going to go with Gopher here. While he hasn't won a championship yet, I think he has done the most in building his team. Everyone else won with their core or got super lucky with TCs. If anything Gopher has gotten a little unlucky with TCs.

WORST GM: Daulten by far, he fumbled the bag with a really good starting team, never really got close to a championship and didn't get a good return on any of his guys. He's a good GM in his own mind at least though.

Status
Not open for further replies.