Sim 5 (S4)

Nate

Staff member
What is your opinion on the newly implemented luxury tax? If you were to make a change beyond what we have in place, what would it be and why?

$3 Mill

Snypes89

Like that it’s a lot of cash to be over so shouldn’t be very easy for a while to pay out

leflop

i'm a fan of it, but wish there was even more tiers and an absolute hard cap

GB

Your Moms Favorite GM
It helps a bit with allowing teams to go all in for a few seasons

brooks

Thunder
It’s fine. Should help with talent retention, but it’s weird to implement it mid-iteration when there are multiple open teams and zero on the waitlist.

yrtb

Wizards
Staff member
I like it. Adds some flexibility but is expensive enough that teams can’t do it every year

Scott

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
its 100x better then the stagnant BS that is currently going on. Nice to see that something was finally done. I would add more tiers though in the future.

Reactions: G9.

Kings

Ty
Might make for some really fun little dynasties. Some type of maneuver around the cap was necessary, I think Lux Tax will add a nice little layer to things.

are teams going to be rewarded for staying under the luxury?

notail

Nice to give competing teams opportunity to compete for 1-2 yrs and it also gives value to the cash system.

Cloud

Staff member
It’s a step in the right direction, so I’m happy overall. HC hasn’t been a problem for me but I think it helps the leagues activity as a whole, there had to be at least 1 way that wasn’t trade dependent to get yourself out of trouble + it also helps with adding a little extra juice to maybe put yourself over the hump for competitive teams.

As for other suggestions I like the comments people are making about potentially adding different tiers, I don’t have much else beyond that though at this time.

BradS4President

Magicians
I do think this gives GMs more flexibility with the roster construction. Not having just the flat hard cap makes it better for GMs and create some more movement as well

Foreman

I'm probably the only one against it. I think it's more fun to have to plan out roster construction for multiple seasons and make sure you stay under HC in that time. Now there's an out for people who don't want to plan.

Username

the best
It’s cool, let’s a team make a push for a year. Not sustainable multiple years in a row tho

Hooper

I was worried about the lux tax being too easy to manage for the reward it gave. I think this is a nice alternative for teams who are slightly over to manage it for 1, maybe 2 years max. Good implementation.

Xxplayerxx23

Not every top level guy needs a full max contract, people should just adjust how they plan instead of continuing to offer full maxes to guys and then complaining about the flat cap
Flat cap is a problem. Not only for the obvious reasons but with the lack of gms trade when it’s easy to do so now add all the shit and here we are with almost 0 player movement via trade. You can say what you want the activity is at an all time low. I’ve been here for a few years and have never seen it this bad.

SoftLettuce

I think it's good. Gives you the ability to push all the chips in, but it's a high price so it's not sustainable for anybody.