Sim 5 (S2)

Donkey

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
For $3.0M, who are the top 5 prospects (in order) in the REAL LIFE 2021 NBA Draft class, and why?

Donkey

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
1. Jonathan Kuminga, he's only 18 years old, super athletic, and put up great numbers at a higher level of competition than college. Probably has the highest ceiling of anyone.
2. Cade Cunningham, great all-around player who put up massive college numbers for a freshman at ONLY 19 YEARS OLD! Point forwards are all the rage too.
3. Jalen Green, another one who went to the G-League and did really well. Great shooter, wish he showed a little more playmaking ability but he's only 19.
4. Moses Moody, I could make a case for him to be 2 or 3 even, Moody was very productive on a very good Arkansas team and he's only 18. Again like Green not a big playmaker yet.
5. Jalen Suggs, playmaker, efficient scorer and super clutch. It's hard gauge him because the team around him was so stacked and he didn't have to be the main guy all the time.

Panic!

1. Jalen Suggs - can do everything
2. Cade Cunningham - can also do everything
3. Evan Mobley - big who is not too slow
4. Jalen Green - can score
5. Jonathan Kuminga - Stretch 4

mngopher35

1. Cade Cunningham - I think he has the tools/potential to be the best but it isn't as sure maybe
2. Evan Mobley - Best big man in the draft imo
3, Jalen Green - I like his game and think he has high potential
4. Jalen Suggs - Great all around type PG
5. Jonathan Kuminga - Athletic forward that has potential to grow

Foreman

1. Cade Cunningham - Can score anytime he wants and seems like the clear best player in the draft.
2. Evan Mobley - Best big in the draft, could grow into a superstar quickly.
3. Jalen Suggs - Playmaker and can also score pretty well.
4. Jalen Green - G-League standout, the upper level of experience should make him a solid guy to plug into a lineup right away.
5. Jonathan Kuminga - Has a chance to double boost and has very high potential. Could see a redraft being done in 5 years and he'd be top 3.

Scott

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Cade - Point forward that has the makeup to be the best in the class
Mobley - Great all around big
Kuminga - Think he has star potential.
Suggs - Proven leader that I would take any day as my starting PG
Green - GLG standout that should be effective right off the bat.

Cloud

Staff member
1. Mobley - Defensive switch-ability, rim protection, and versatility, length and disruption, as well as athleticism give him DPOTY upside, while also having a pretty well developed 3 point shot for a big man. Also has a decent enough handle to where he can put the ball on the hardwood and go get to the basket if he needs to. He’s extremely special, reminds me of Anthony Davis, except he’s much more skilled than Anthony was offensively at that age.

2. Jalen Green - I think he’s the next Zach Lavine, except he’s way more advanced offensively than Zach was at this stage as a prospect. Hyper athletic, jumps out of the gym and super quick. Excelled in the G-League program learning from a real NBA coach in Brian Shaw and playing with and against heightened competition such as NBA vets. Has a leg up on seeing what it’s like to be a professional over the college guys, already knows how to run NBA sets. Showed that he was actually a solid play maker and not just a pure scorer in the G-League which is what they worked on him with down on the ignite.

3. Cade Cunningham - 6’7” point guards are always intriguing. Showed a much more efficient 3 point shot than expected in college. Came up really clutch in big moments for OKST. Where I get worried is he seemed to get a little bit lost or maybe even disinterested at a certain point in the middle of the season, can he find a balance? Not a world class athlete like the 2 guys I put above him. I think it’s going to be tough for him to live up to the hype surrounding him, he should have a pretty high floor though in a worst case scenario. Still think he goes #1 but I think I’d rather swing for the fences on the other 2.

4. Johnathan Kuminga - By far the rawest prospect of the big 5 but if he hits he’s going to be better than them all. He’s another kid that’s super athletic, hasn’t been playing ball for as long as the others so he’s still coming into his own. Super skilled finisher around the rim, needs to work on his dribble package and finding consistency with his range, but he has the potential to be a legitimate 2 way star, think like a bigger, better Jimmy Butler if things go right for him.

5. Jalen Suggs - Love his will to win, super competitive, multi-sport stud. Not as athletic as the rest of the bunch and there are questions about his fit positionally long term. Think he’s going to bring valuable minutes to whatever team drafts him but don’t think he’s got franchise player material

The Godfather

Cade - rare specimen tall PG
Moblwy- very athletic very solid Big
Suggs- perhaps best competitor here..this kid is all about the team
Kuminga- a force around the rim can elevate and dominate the red
Jalen Green- maybe the best outside player here has a chance to take over games at will

cavsfan817

Staff member
1. Cade Cunningham -- Uber prospect that doesn't come along every year. Has excellent size, court vision, and athletic ability. It remains to be seen if he will be able to stay engaged consistently on both ends. He can literally fit into every situation and can play both on the ball and off the ball.

2. Evan Mobley -- Bigs are so devalued these days, but this guy is truly special. An absolute terror on both ends of the court, he profiles as a Bam Adebayo type. Obviously that is his upper ceiling, but if he can come close to that, he's going to be a home-run for whoever drafts him. I think he'll be able to play both drop coverage or a switching scheme, which will allow him to fit with just about everyone.

3. Jalen Suggs -- He has the "it" factor that you look for with your point guard and leader. I really like his two-way ability and he's shown us that he can come up in the big moments. He doesn't really have any glaring holes in his game, but he's not as athletic as the two guys that I have ranked in front of him and behind him. Most years he would be an easy top overall pick, but this class is absolutely loaded up front.

4. Johnathan Kuminga -- Not as good currently as Jalen Green, but he has the highest upside in the entire class. If he's able to improve his shooting and come into his own, he will be a monster for a decade. Currently a great defender and player in transition.

5. Jalen Green -- If you're looking for a more NBA-ready guard/wing combo, Green is the pick over Kuminga. He is a high flying score-first guy who has shown flashes of elite vision in the G-League action that he's had. He will likely be first or second in the rookie of the year race, and I fully expect him to come into the league and put on a show from the jump.

NCツ

1. Scottie Barnes - Will end up being the best wing from this class. Can do it all

2. BJ Boston - RIP T Clarke, Boston going to be more motivated than any other player in this class after losing his friend / teammate

3. Jaden Spinger - Wasn't used correctly at Tennessee, will be a STUD

4. Filip Petrusev - Best international player in the draft imo. Was dope at Gonzaga pre covid

5. Cade Cunningham - Will probably go #1, will probably win ROTY, won't be the best player from this class

FortsonBass

1. Cade Cunningham - 3 level scoring with defensive potential. Doesn’t explode by guys and plays with fire a bit too much forcing TO’s.

2. Evan Mobley - Mobley is an oversized forward more than a true big that lacks awareness, but will shock people with creation. He isn’t where AD was defensively when he was drafted, but ahead of him on offense. Could arguably be #1.

3. Jalen Suggs - Suggs is an elite floor guy who really has no flaws and has deep range, which hurt his college shooting. Athletic, can score at any level and defends but can get too aggressive at times.

4. Jonathan Kuminga - Kuminga is a 6’8 point forward but needs to fix his jumper. He’s a modern wing project with top 3 upside. He might be older than his listed age tho, but regardless still top 5.

5. James Bouknight - has #1 offensive potential in the class, elite shot creation, outstanding athleticism, and a good shot but needs to add weight. Also needs to be a better playmaker and speed up his shot.

(Not going to put Green at 4 here even though he is, so I chose to write more about Kuminga and Bouknight)

hokeyrules

1. Cade Cunningham - Has all the tools
2. Evan Mobley - Best Big in the draft
3, Jalen Green - Seems to have high potential
4. Jalen Suggs - Very good PG, and I have heard his name a lot
5. Jonathan Kuminga - Because everyone else here posted about him so he must be good.

AiRuPtHeRe™

1. Jalen Suggs - think his game will translate very well in the NBA. Big shot maker.
2 Evan Mobley - should make a instant impact defensively for whoever gets him.
3. Cade Cunningham - wasn’t too big on him, but he’s got a unique game.
4. Corey Kispert - woaaaaaah huh? I’ve been watching his clips and I think he goes late lotto to a team. Think he’ll turn into a very good bench guy.
5. Jonathan Kuminga - raw, but great skill set. Haven’t seen too much of him or green though

Xxplayerxx23

1 Cade- like lamelo he will dominate right off the bat IMO. He can do it all.
2- Mobley- Modern big man, stud on both ends
3-Suggs, was going to put him 1 he’s just below the top 2, he can do it all on both ends of the floor, might be the best player but cades size is the difference to me
4- Jalen Green- man this class is stacked he would be a top 2 pick in lot of drafts prior, he’s got another two way guy that can get buckets
5- kuminga- not sure how old he is but he seemed like a walking bucket. He has a ton of talent.

BradS4President

Magicians
1. Cade Cunningham - best all-around guard in the draft. should be a starter from day one
2. Jalen Suggs - Great size for a point guard. Has a great all-around game.
3. Evan Mobley - Tremondous size, with the ability to protect the hoop. If he develops a three point shot and makes free throws, he may be the best player from this class.
4. Janathan Kuminga - Dont know much about him but he played well in the g-league
5. Scottie Barnes - I think his skill set translates so well to the modern NBA game