User
Gopher
Cavs
Curry
hank

Last edited:

LukaSZN

1. Me.

2. NC - I went back and forth, because on one hand, he got maybe the most valuable asset to start the file with and has just rode the wave. But on the other, he's been to four finals, he hasn't over-thought this team and tore it down prematurely. From a real life standpoint, giving KG a chance for over a decade would've been very applauded and it's rare you see anyone stick this long with a vision, so many guys get bored and rebuild or tinker, or over trade.

3. Cloud - Cloud's been to the playoffs every year, he's consistently had the arguable best player on the file between Shaq and Melo and he's got the best win rate. Cloud is always high on these lists for obvious reasons.

4. Justin - Again, another GM who understands continuity is important and that giving yourself a chance in the FBB playoffs can payoff. No rings yet but top five in wins, playoffs every year, and his best team to date currently.

5. Gopher - Tanked into Kobe/Pierce, was patient despite many, many offers to give up on the duo. Won his ring and cashed out BIG while they still had nice value. Exactly what I like to do with FBB. East is ridiculous, Kobe/Pierce having one, Shaq having one, and Ray/Terry/Admiral having two speaks to how stacked it really has been the last decade.

6. GB - Made a number of blockbuster trades, coming out the winner every time. Despite being out of the playoffs more than half the iteration, he's positioned himself well to contend the next few years if he doesn't get crazy on shard/z-bo deals.

7. No Tail - He's done a good job. He doesn't play the games within the games, just here to quietly run his team and he's a shrewd negotiator lol. I claim an assist on his ring but God bless Ray Ray.

8. Henny - I guess, three Finals and a ring, I can't ignore it any further than this but obviously being in the West is the biggest factor here.

9. Curry - Put some pretty good teams together but he plays in the Beastern Conference and he's been a touch behind a few of the others.

10. Panda - Took his time on the rebuild and bought at the right damn time. I still don't understand why his team isn't better this year, feel like that's a 65-70 win team with the right DC. Not a lot of success yet but well positioned to be a multi-time winner five years from now.

HM: Panic - Always good to be leveraged in cutting cutback costs.

Nate

Staff member
1a. Cloud
1b. Ebbs
3. GB
4. NC
5. Cavs
6. Greg
7. Notail
8. Panda
9. Scott
10. Gopher

mngopher35

1. Ebbs - Only team with two rings and is tied with Magic/Bulls for 2nd most playoff wins behind the Heat in the tough east.

2. Cloud - He started with Shaq is maybe the reason he isn't 1, there is an argument. He has made some incredible trades so far this file to get studs, after winning turned Shaq+Eddie into Melo for example. Always seems to be a top team in the east.

3. Gopher - Most playoff wins in a very loaded east so far, I had a legit contender for a long stretch there. If I hadn't had injuries the other year I had top differential may have even grabbed a 2nd ring.

4. NC - Easily the best GM so far in the west and he has most playoff wins etc. by far due to it along with I think 4 finals appearances. Always competitive and I respect keeping KG for the long haul to try and win more with him.

5. Notail - He has put together some really great teams, even when he doesn't have the talent his teams always seem to overperform. I think he has probably had the least amount of "luck" via starting players or lotto/tc of the top 5 guys.

6. GB - This one was tough, the ring was the deciding factor over JB. Celtics are below .500 on the file and only have 29 playoff wins which is much lower than others listed above. He has made good moves and the team is currently in a great spot though, getting the ring boosted him to 6.

7. JB - Feels bad since he has done a good job, he always seems to have a competitive team. He never seems to quite be able to get the top talent though in a loaded east. Now that he has JO he has an argument though.

8. Username - 3 finals in a tough east and a ring. I also think he had a solid team with Tmac/Vince/Duncan even if he couldn't make it out of the east at the time it was a great trio. He is tied for 2nd most playoff wins in the east. Starting with the bulls made that finals a little less valuable though.

9. Hank - 3 finals and a ring. We can talk about the weak west or that teams were tanking but Hank did what he needed to do. He has probably been the best team in the west outside Wolves.

10. Scott - he hasn't done as much recently but he built some good teams earlier on and won a ring.

HM: Panda - Hasn't really been around enough and this is first time really competing but he's started off very good. This team he build is likely going to win a ring or two and propel him up the list quick.

yrtb

Wizards
Staff member
1. Ebbs
2. NC
3. Cloud
4. Gopher
5. JB
6. GB
7. notail
8. username
9. panda
10. G9

NCツ

1. Ebbs - 2 Rings, the most of all GMs so far. Has hit on draft picks and trading the most among the top dogs, didn't rely on inherited talent (ie KG in Minny, Shaq in Orlando). Rudy Gay sucks, but Ebbs skillful negotiations will land him whatever he wants for him. One of the best drafters and rigid traders

2. NC - Most finals appearances (1-3 sadly, 0-2 against the gm above me, both game 7 losses), most wins (regular season + playoffs combined), zero losing seasons. Yes KG has been around for the duration, but hit on the early draft picks, FA Signings, and trades like Ebbs above (drafted Big Z who was eventually moved for Pippen, traded for draft rights to Nash, signing Ostertag in FA was huge, trading for LaPhonso Ellis was key etc).

3. Cloud - Playoffs every year, zero losing seasons, inherited the best situation with Shaq and Penny and got gifted Hill by Fortson. That squad failed to get a ring, but Cloud used his skills trading to get the right fit around Shaq and won 1. Now has a dope core thanks again to trades. You win championships on the trade market and cashing in at the right time, not by sitting on your ass tanking forever and cloud does it the best.

4. Justin - Playoffs every year, zero losing seasons, no ring but I value the consistency here. They will be the third franchise to hit 800 wins (regular season + playoffs) next sim (Wolves & Magic other 2). Has been basically a strong example of "winning more with less." First Terrell Brandon, now Chauncey Billups. One of the best dc gurus and roster managers in the league.

5. No Tail - Most underrated gm this file, last file, and probably forever. A game 7 short of having 2 rings. Will be the 5th/6th franchise to hit 700 regular season wins. Has won consistently in the trade market (Scola, Ray Allen) and drafting (Pau Gasol, Devin Harris)

6. Henny - I'm going results oriented here. How he does it isn't the best practice, he may not hit on draft picks consistently or dominate the trade market, but his Nugget teams pull out wins. "Henny Futures" are the most overrated fools gold in BSL. It's basically like playing the lottery, you may hit once, but never again. Anyways the Nuggets will be the 5th/6th franchise to hit 700 regular season wins and is 1-2 in the finals, those are notable achievements

7. Gopher - Tanked into the perfect starting duo in Kobe/Pierce, I appreciate the patience he had with both of them. Got them a ring and hit the trade market with them at the right time. A skilled GM on the trade market, and drafts well

8. G9 - Like Gopher, tanked into a great starting duo in Duncan/Dirk. Went 1-1 in Finals appearances with that squad before blowing things up. Strong drafter, good at trading mostly, and is my biggest rival!! Didn't cash in on Duncan/Dirk the way Gopher did on Kobe/Pierce so that's why I put Gopher ahead despite Miami only having the 1 finals appearance

9. Scott - One of 8 franchises with 700 (playoff + regular season) victories. Has done it with different cores and has 1 ring thanks to Hardaway's fluke god like post season run. Consistently putting yourself in playoff contention gives you that opportunity and that deserves some credit.

10. GB - Currently the top dog as the most recent champ, but put him at ten because of their sub .500 winning percentage. Spent a lot of this iteration tanking but has been a terrific drafter and has typically won on the trade market

11. User - 1 ring with the MJ/Pippen Bulls but has gotten back to the finals twice and that deserves some credit.

12. Daulten - Has basically the same resume as GB with a sub .500 winning percentage and 1 ring, but does have one more finals appearance. Not a skilled trader or drafter, hence why he is not in the top 10

Donkey

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
1. Ebbs - While he does have TC luck, he built a team that got him two championships.
2. Cloud - Always in contention, little unlucky this league, but has had multiple iterations of a championship caliber team.
3. Notail - Quietly is one of the best roster builders in the league.
4. GB - Only one championship and finals appearance but constantly has developed young talent.
5. NC - Would be higher if he didn't still have the player he started with!
6. Gopher - Credit for pairing the duo of Pierce and Kobe even though he could've gotten more out of them.
7. Justin - No championships but he has made the playoffs 12 times in the East.
8. Scott - Lowkey has been really solid and has a championship.
9. User - Has been very competitive in the East, and has a ring.
10. Air - Has made the playoffs 12 times with a lot of cool draft hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.