Sim 5 (S1)

Donkey

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
For $3.0M, who are the top 5 players in this upcoming draft class and why?

FortsonBass

1. Kobe Bryant - 2nd highest pot, great base ratings, and come on its Kobe.
2. Tim Duncan - dope base ratings, probably comes in as a top 5 big as a rookie, and is arguably #1
3. Manu Ginobili - highest pot, teen, decent base ratings and its Manu
4. Paul Pierce - high pot, dope base ratings, teen, good with strippers, and he’s the truth
5. Steve Nash - pg eligibility seems scarce and Nash is a true PG. kind of a wild pick here but YOLO

notail

1. Kobe Bryant: we've all been waiting for him. high pot and 18 y.o
2. Tim Duncan: will be a top big as a rookie and with his potential with baseline stats, need mediocre luck to become a top big
3. Allen Iverson: Scoring machine. I can see him scoring 20ppg as a rookie
4. Shawn Marion: my wild pick but 18 with potential great athletic ability. I see him being a star
5. Manu Ginobli: best potential and a teen at that. this draft is pretty good as top 8 or so players could go as a top pick in most drafts

Cloud

Staff member
1. Tim Duncan - Any other answer is wrong ? He’s literally going to walk in day 1, be an all-star caliber big who’s good at everything off the rip and still have pot to keep growing, not sure how you could possibly argue anything else here

2. Ray Allen - 3rd best pot and probably the most “league ready” player besides Duncan. He’s got the best outside shooting, in a league where shooting is tougher to come by, he has fringe C+ / B- inside and defense, and he has upper tier C handles, solid C rebounder albeit on the lower end of the spectrum. He looks very, very, very good. Everyone jerks off the teens but I’d take TD and Ray Ray 1 and 2 without a doubt.

3. Kobe Bryant - fringe inside, handles, outside and rebounding with the #2 pot at 18 years old. He’s likely B B- C B- C after summer league and weight / height. The part that worries me a bit though is he’s 18 with such great potential that there’s almost no place to go but down and we’ve seen a lot of teen pot deaths off the bat, so that’s why I’d lean TD or Ray over him, they have much higher floors.

4. Allen Iverson - 10th best pot, most well developed offensive scoring profile of any prospect in the draft. Wont play much defense but should be a guy who can shoulder the load offensively and be a flashy, all-star caliber player. I think this is the point in the draft where the top tier drops off but he’s a tremendous conciliation prize for whoever inevitably gets screwed in the lotto and drops out of the top 3.

5. Paul Pierce - Basically the poor man’s version of Ray Allen, super similar build, just a little younger and less skilled. Higher ceiling than Ray, but lower floor.

Kings

Ty
Kobe - great base, potential and shot at boosting. Name value alone he’ll be #1

duncan - already an elite big he’ll step in as one of the best day 1 with potential to become the best big in the league

Ray Allen - already an elite scorer and you know what you’ll get out of him. Perfect fit on a lot of teams

Allen Iverson - whenever you can get an elite pg prospect at 4 you’re doing pretty well

Paul Pierce - potential to become an elite wing in a league with few wings.

HM: Nash, Wallace, Camby, Marion lol

Panic!

Manu - Teen high pot
Kobe - teen good ratings
Ray Allen - can shoot
Duncan good ratings tall
Pierce teen can score

Foreman

1. Kobe Bryant - We've been waiting for him for forever and he's going to be a franchise star for many seasons.

2. Steve Nash - PG > ALL. Can't have a good team without a good PG and last league's MVP seems like he could be on track to dominate again.

3. Tim Duncan - Base ratings are solid but there's always the fear of ending up like June Mar.

4. Allen Iverson - Again, PG > ALL. Although he'll probably be best at SG, he'll fit right in with many team's majority of a balanced offense.

5. Ray Allen - Should quickly grow to one of the top scorers, especially on a high lotto team. Great starting piece to build an outside offense.

Scott

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
1. Tim Duncan - Has a great base + potential and can easily be an all star year one.
2. Kobe - 18 years old, good all around base, great potential and it’s Kobe lol..people have been crying for him forever.
3. Ray Allen - ton of fringes, best shooter in the draft.
4. Paul Pierce - Solid base with great potential
5. AI - best PG in the draft.

Catdude

1. Tim Duncan - if you take away name value he has the best starting attributes in this draft class. Best defense, best rebounding. I mean come on, how often do we see a draft prospect start at B C- C- B B- with A pot??
2. Kobe Bryant - Personally, I'd take Kobe at the number 1 spot because its Kobe. He's gonna be dope, we all know that. He's 18 with fringe ratings and the 2nd pot in this class.
3. Ray Allen - Highest outside shot, fringe inside and defense. Could easily end up being B- B+ C B- C after first TC
4. Allen Iverson - Only guy in the draft starting with both offensive ratings at least B-. This dude is going to score.
5. Paul Pierce - He's 19 and his inside and outside are both fringe. He is still the truth.

The Godfather

1. Tim Duncan - Best Big in class and it aint close
2. Kobe Bryant - No comment needed-- If I had #1 pick I take Kobe because of my team makeup
3. Ray Allen - Highest outside shot, looks explosive as hell
4. Allen Iverson - Most balanced Offensive game in draft
5. Vince Carter - Had PP here as well.. VC looks a bit better to me

BradS4President

Magicians
1 Kobe Bryant - ITS KOBE BEAN BRYANT. Only 18 years old with the second best POT and a tremendous base
2. Tim Duncan - Dude is a stud. Walking Double Double in his sleep
3 Allen Iverson - Scoring machine. Will be interesting to see how his handles develop
4 Ray Allen - Best outside shooter and 3rd in POT. Pretty high defensive rating. Has the potential to be a tremendous two way wing
5 Steve Nash - For any GM that wants to go out there and chuck up some threes

Username

the best
1. Kobe - all his ratings are upward fringes, he can do it all. A pot, 18, going to be the most valuable piece in the league as soon as he comes in imo.
2. Tim Duncan - You can argue him 1 in this draft, he probably has the biggest impact to his new team right away compared to the other guys in the draft. He’s definitely bound for the HoF
3. Ray Allen - We already know his makeup, he definitely has high outside ratings to go along with that A potential. High C+ defense. I’m sure he’ll be elite in an outside offense for years to come. Can’t go wrong.
4. Vince Carter - fringe C+ defense, fringe B- outside, 19, A pot, as long as his B inside rating doesn’t consist of all jumping he should be good. Although if it is that just means he’ll have a lot of volume.
5. Allen Iverson - Looks to be one of the best scorers in the draft, his defense and potential are lower than I’d like but he’ll be an elite scorer regardless so it may not be a huge deal.

HM - Jason Terry, PP, Shawn Marion, Ben Wallace

And although Nash has good outside and handles, his defense is terrible and he’s 22 years old. Better hope his pot doesn’t drop by 20 in that first tc

monta8curry

1. Tim Duncan - will have the most impact right away and has A pot, really a can't miss prospect. Kobe and him are a toss-up tbh, just a matter of preference / what you need.
2. Kobe Bryant - Could easily be 1. Eligible for pot boost, fringes are crazy, gonna be a superstar
3. Ray Allen - Similar to Kobe fringe-wise, but without the age factor. Gonna be a 20+ PPG scorer from the jump.
4. Paul Pierce - Great offensive fringes, going to be a problem on the offensive end from day 1. Defense could use a little work but it isn't bad.
5. Allen Iverson - Might be the best perimeter scorer in the draft. Only thing knocking him to 5 is age/potential isn't as high as the others.

hokeyrules

1. Vince Carter - He is the best and my favourite so the best.
2. Kobe - Has the biggest upside, and lets be honest most of the players in the league are bad.
3. Tim Duncan - Starts off as most ready, but could easily become far better.
4. Shawn Marion - The build I have seen him become in other leagues is quite dominating if he can progress his D
5. Ray Allen - Similar to Kobe but not as good, and I always like the bigs more.

BeatsHaveADream

Indiana Pacers GM
Kobe- if u put anyone else fuck u
Ray allen - bsl is the move with ray
Tim duncan - never miss a playoffs with this muffuh
Vince carter - he better not be all jumps
AI - hes gonna have flashes of last league AI

cavsfan817

Staff member
1. Tim Duncan -- He looks like one of the best bigs we've ever had as an incoming rookie. He will be a foundational two-way piece for whoever lands him, and I wouldn't be surprised if he's playing in the Finals by year 3 of his career and another likely top flight running-mate by his side from the next draft.

2. Kobe Bryant -- Fringes galore and he's 18 so he has two boost opportunities. Potentially sets him up to be the GOAT, or at least in the conversation, should everything pan out in his favor. Even without a boost, he has sky-high potential, so he should be a pretty safe bet as far as development is concerned. If he was PG eligible, he'd be an easy #1.

3. Ray Allen -- Looks like he will be the first true flamethrower, as we begin to usher in some outside-oriented players. Ray looks great off the bat with an excellent two-way base. Super high potential to go with it -- not being PG eligible hurts, as he was often a hub for creation before his later playing days in Boston/Miami. I'm curious to see what his handling vs passing makeup looks like, as that seems to doom a lot of guys with high "handle" grades at times. He should be absolutely on the offensive end, and easily in the top 5 PPG average for years to come.

4. Allen Iverson -- I'm not sure he looks as good as he did last league, but he still looks like an incredible scorer. I'm concerned that his perimeter defense isn't very high, because we know his stealing ability was one of the best in league history -- leading us to believe that his C defense is probably largely made up of that. Perennial PPG leader and likely high assist player due to his usage. PG1.

5. Paul Pierce -- Not surprised he looks as good as he does, based on his Celtics pedigree. He edges out Nash here, who I like better in a vacuum, due to the fact that he could potentially boost. With his current base, he should have a great floor, even if he doesn't take the teen jump.

yrtb

Wizards
Staff member
1. Tim Duncan - He's going to be one of the best bigs already coming into the league with solid POT. He'll be an all time BSL big.
2. Kobe - As long as his POT doesn't tank he's going to be an absolute stud.
3. Ray Allen - Those scoring ratings combined with his sky high POT means he'll be a 25+ PPG scorer for years
4. Paul Pierce - Looks pretty similar coming in to Ray Allen and has the chance for a POT jump
5. Vince Carter - Also has really nice scoring ratings to start and has the chance for a jump