Sim 4 S21

Panic!

Andrei Kirilenko. Can block. Good handles. Can steal. Can shoot. Can play him at backup 1 to 5.

Donkey

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Juwan. Howard. He finished his incredible career with 19,430 points, despite everyone doubting him at every step. He was the unquestioned leader of the Los Angeles Clippers for 10 great seasons. Fans will never forget the 50 burger he dropped on a cool January night in 1999. Every player he ever played with, from Brent Barry to Henry Domercant, has raved about him. There will never be another Juwan Howard. The man, the myth, the legend.

SoftLettuce

I haven't been around for long enough to have any knowledge at all, and will undoubtedly be leaving tons and tons of much more worthy names off, but I gather that Pistons legend Marc Gasol has developed into quite the big man. Not going to dominate and score a ton, but give good Rebounding and real good defense while not being super expensive.

LukaSZN

Jim McIlvain. Block king, Terry never won without him. I don’t hate the AK47 mention either

brooks

Thunder
Yao Ming. Non-option who continuously puts up points, rebounds, and plays great D.

NCツ

Ruben Patterson was a consistent good 4th/5th starter on some good playoff teams. Pretty good role player early on

The Godfather

Boozer obviously... he could be opt 1 ..2 ..3 or non option has played the 5 4 and 3 during his career... its a double double machine and the most consistent player on file...

Username

the best
Depends on what we call role players. I feel like Eddie Jones was a role player early on then turned into a pretty good player

Swope

Staff member
If Yao is being considered a role player the I’ll go with him. He seems to always help teams win and just solid stats all the time.

AK47 is also a nice mention. Love that he fills the box score and can play both forward spots.

AiRuPtHeRe™

I’ll go with Kyle Korver. Seems like he’s always been a solid role player in contending teams. Great shooter, can defend and rebound as a wing.

notail

Zabian is a sneaky good scorer who’s perfect as a backup Pg. He noticeably makes the second unit better with his scoring ability

yrtb

Wizards
Staff member
AK47, he is super versatile position wise, and is a great defender (especially in terms of blocks and steals) without being a black hole on offense. Kyle Korver and Marc Gasol are good answers too.

Hooper

Quentin Richardson. Career 17 PPG average but his cheap re-signings kept the Twolves in contention for my first few seasons here as KG began to age. Unsung hero of that team

Kings

Ty
Kyle Korver. Elite shooter and rebounder who can start and space the floor next to your stars. I’m not considering a 20 ppg guy a role player though.

GB

Your Moms Favorite GM
I like Korver. Was good enough defensively and a + rebounder from a wing position. Always super efficient on offense with low TOs and excellent shooting

BradS4President

Magicians
Ak47 provides slid scoring in addition to his great defense and rebounding. His handles were always pretty solid. Really good glue guy