Sim 4 (S17)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eberlicious

For 3M, over halfway through the year give us your biggest contender, and the biggest pretender for the S17 BSL title and why.

SoftLettuce

Bullets my biggest contender. Blazers pretender. Steph is too good, and Ebbs built a great team around him. Looking at the Blazers roster l, only 1 defender higher than a C attribute grade. Defense probably biting them come playoff time.

The Godfather

Magic and Sonics look legit now as top Contenders

Not going to lie Suns are pretenders as currently constructed and my Nuggets are the match up from Hell in an #8 vs #1 Nuggs/Suns rd 1

CLB3

My biggest contender is the Heat. They have 2 absolutely dominant wing scorers along with one of the best shot blocking/rebounding bigs in the league. I wouldn't be surprised if they win it all.

My biggest pretender is the Grizzlies. I know they're the 2 seed in the West, but I only really like Kemba on their squad. Travis and Afflalo are decent, but not special. Their big men aren't crazy either, although I do like Okafor's blocking. I don't see them getting past the 2nd round.

brooks

Thunder
Biggest Contender: gotta be the bullets, no? They are extremely efficient and put up points in a hurry. If they can upgrade over Bogut I think they got it in the bag.

Biggest Pretender: Easily the Grizz. Kemba is carrying this team and they will flake out come playoffs. I’d guess that they will end up ~5th or 6th seed as well.

Hooper

Contender: Daulten and the Sonics. KG, Shard, Hedo are a dope big 3 with Q Rich and Conley rounding out the top 5. I think they had a chance to win it all last year and are pretty easily top 2 in the West at worst. Probably my current favorite to get to the finals.

Pretender: Hornets. CP and Iso Joe are a great one two punch, but outside of them and AK47 I don't think they have enough firepower and likely not enough of a defensive / rebounding presence to get it done this season.

Xxplayerxx23

Contender bullets/Suns. Both elite teams all around with star power

pretender grizz. They have2 players lol they aren’t winning like thatb

LukaSZN

Point differential:
Suns +17
Bullets +14
Pacers +13
Heat +12.9
Sonics +8.3
Hawks +7.9
Grizzlies +7.7
Magic +7.6
Spurs +6.9
Rockets +5.4

Looking at that list, Grizzlies as a pretender makes some sense. FBB can be random as fuck but teams with 10+ Differentials don’t lose early often. I think Suns probably the #1 contender, East’s top is way tougher.

GB

Your Moms Favorite GM
Magic and Sonics look legit now as top Contenders

Not going to lie Suns are pretenders as currently constructed and my Nuggets are the match up from Hell in an #8 vs #1 Nuggs/Suns rd 1
Suns winning the ship. Henny said this about Celtics one of my ships

GB

Your Moms Favorite GM
Contender - bullets are very legit, this may be the true beginning of the curry era. He is so good.

pretender - I want to say Hornets because I feel like they just don’t have quite enough firepower around cp3. Luckily cp3 will be good for a long time so they have plenty of chances ahead.

Cloud

Staff member
Pretender: hornets, don’t think they have the bigs to get by some of the others in the East despite having an insane offensive backcourt

Contender: Suns, defense is incredible, team rebounding is strong, and the west is awful so their path is relatively easy compared to any of the East contenders

Panic!

Pretender: Grizzlies - Panic has not yet found the right DC for the team and he is losing chances.
Contender: Suns - Hard to beat a team with great defense.

notail

Pretender: Grizzlies/Hornets. Grizzlies lack of depth would hurt them in the playoffs. Hornets lack the big

Contender: Suns. good rotation of big man and now they have Al to solidify their scoring. Only reason I see them losing is for not having a good PG

the_jon

Comtender: Suns are elite and also in a weak conference so they probably have the best chance to make the finals.

Hawks: Not because I dont think they have a great team, I think they do but statistically theyve struggled recently and the east is such a bloodbath. They could easily get hot and go on another run but the results havent been there yet this season.

Kings

Ty
Contender - Bullets Curry and Lou are insane with their bigs up front it’s a matchup nightmare

pretender - grizzlies not enough to get it done

yrtb

Wizards
Staff member
Contender: Bullets. No real holes in the starting lineup, Curry is a monster, Korver is a great 6th man, and solid defensive bigs

Pretender: Hornets. CP3/Joe Johnson is an incredible backcourt, but I don't think they have the bigs to compete w/ the other top East teams

hokeyrules

Biggest Contender: Hornets - getting my man Mozgov will lead them to the title. They have their big.

Biggest Pretender: Supersonics - Just by trading Amare, adding Conley and basically making their team worse, even though they think it is better. They also missed out on Richard Jefferson.

Swope

Staff member
Contender - Bullets
- They have a ton of firepower in their backcourt built around Curry who is a dangerous PG. They also have strong defense throughout the lineup and a ton of excellent shooters they can lean on.

Pretender - Sonics
Outside of KG, their team defense is pretty suspect. I’m not a fan of their point guard situation either. I think you need a star there to win. Shard and Hedo would have to be lights out for a long playoff run, even in the lesser Western Conference.

NCツ

Contender: Suns. Elite defenders and a terrific rebounding margin. The ideal recipe for success come playoff season.

Pretender: Spurs, extremely talented group, don't know if they exactly fit together

Username

the best
Contender: bullets, they got a sick 1-3 and good defense rebounding bigs.

pretender: suns

unfortunately Frank I put you here because you’re doing that inside thing and it won’t work in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.