Sim 4 S&U (S22)

LukaSZN

For 3M

You have three years to win an NBA championship or you die, you can build around prime Blake Griffin, prime Kyrie Irving, or prime Paul George.

Who do you choose and why?

FortsonBass

Paul George because he is an all-around better player than all 3. He proved in Indy he can lead a team to the Final 4 and if it wasn’t for LeBron’s Heat he would’ve played in 2 finals. Prime Blake couldn’t shoot/play elite defense and even at Kyrie’s best the Cavs didn’t win many games with him as the lead dog.

Donkey

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Prime Paul George and it ain't close... elite defender, can create his own shot, sniper from three... dude is so fun to watch when he's at his peak. I would rather have Delonte West lead my team instead of Kyrie. And while I like Blake he can't defend, and a player like him ain't winning you a ship.

Cloud

Staff member
Paul George has never and will never be a championship caliber #1 guy, that’s always been my take on him from the jump, he’s an awesome robin but he ain’t batman. Blake Griffin isn’t either and he’s never shown that he can get it done when it matters. I’m taking prime Kyrie because he is a legitimate #1 scoring option that can shoulder an offensive load and he’s shown he can hit the clutch dagger in the moments where they matter most. Plus, he wasn’t a total headcase yet if I get Cleveland Kyrie so that isn’t a major concern yet.

Eberlicious

I'm taking PG, Fortson hit it on the head. PG was a dawg vs those Lebron teams and that wasn't even his peak, if he doesn't hurt his shoulder he is an MVP candidate

mngopher35

Paul George on this one for me as well. I don't think any of these guys are a great #1 but he is the best overall player and his skill set would work with most other guys as well while I think Kyrie and Blake need the ball a bit more and aren't as good defensively etc. to help the team in other ways.

yrtb

Wizards
Staff member
Paul George because he's the most well rounded. If I'm building a team from scratch and can just pick one guy to build around I want him to be valuable on both ends of the floor, which gives George a much bigger edge over Kyrie. I'd also echo the point gopher made that George is more flexible in terms of building a team around him.

The Godfather

Paul George is a no brainer-- he is like Cole Anthony/RJ as in well rounded offensive force with good to great defense-- No Brainer really

Cheddar

Yea have to agree with Paul George. Kyrie hasn’t shown the ability to really lead a team at any point. Griffin was a beast, but never really was the lead dog on any team. PG showed the ability to carry a team until he ran into the Heat. Elite scorer, great defender, and a solid Playmaker.

Kings

Ty
Kyrie is close but he might be better off as a legit 2nd piece on a winner. Paul George is the most versatile piece to build around, legit two way wing

monta8curry

prime PG, legit two-way wings are harder to find and PG in Indy pre broken leg was a monster, he still is v good and might not have the "dog" in him to lead a team, but blake and kyrie have done even less as a lead star. PG is also by the far the best defender of the group.

Catdude

Definitely Paul George. He’s the best all around player on this list. He’s a dope defender and a force on offense that creates his own shot. I feel like it’s easier to build around a super talented wing and then put complementary pieces around them.

GB

Your Moms Favorite GM
Ya Paul George is the easy answer for me too. His skills and style are super versatile and being a wing also makes him by nature the most versatile positionally.

cavsfan817

Staff member
If I'm building the team primarily around them, I'm going with Paul George. One of the best elite two-way players in the league and you can slide him in at the 2 or the 3 and put a really good team around him. If I'm looking to plug in a guy as a sidekick I'm going with Kyrie because of his ability to create and iso in the playoffs when the game slows down and things get grimy.

notail

Irving in my opinion as when he was in Cleveland he proved he can plays against he best team and hit clutch shots

hokeyrules

Paul George for sure. I would take him over a Kyrie and no one wants Blake Griffin. Except G9 maybe

BradS4President

Magicians
Paul George is the best all-around player of the group. He is a great two-way player and can get you that stop or bucket when needed.
Kyrie had a chance to lead the Celtics and pretty much blew it. Not sure i trust building a team around him.. Blake Griffin a distant third.

the_jon

Blake if I was suicidal. Paul George because I honestly think hes the only one of the 3 whose game translates to winning. I also think hes the most skilled so maybe that's why.