Sim 4 + ASW (S9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donkey

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
For $3.0M, rank the top 5 players in this upcoming draft and give your reasoning for each player.

Username

the best
1. Dwight Howard - 18, very good starting ratings, 2nd highest pot

2. Rudy Gay - pretty good scoring ratings to start w high pot

3. Al Horford - just look at him. A pot, 2nd highest defense as well. Looks like he might not have any trouble being efficient.

4. Lamarcus Aldridge - p good base and pot like the rest.

5. Gerald Wallace - Highest defense, great base, pretty high ceiling I think

Panic!

1. Dwight Howard - 18 High Pot
2. Josh Smith - 18 High pot
3. Al Horford - 18 High Pot
4. Rudy Gay - 18 high pot
5. Lamarcus aldridge - teen high pot

• Angry
Reactions: G9.

Kings

Ty
Dwight Howard - 18 with the best pot and a great base to start, has the potential to be one of the best bigs all time.

Rudy Gay - good base with high pot and teen

Gilbert Arenas - a little older with lower pot but I’m a sucker for potential franchise PGs. Very good base could be electric

LaMarcus Aldridge - Good base, has potential to be a legit option offensively.

Al Horford - gave him the spot over Josh since he has a defined position with better defense and rebounding coming in.

very nice draft at first glance

Reactions: G9.

Foreman

1. Dwight Howard. Great starting base, 2nd highest pot, only 18, should be great unless he busts.

2. Rudy Gay. Should come in with volume right off the bat, SFs are a little harder to come by.

3. LaMarcus Aldridge. Has the chance to boost at 19, solid starting ratings, can contribute right away.

4. Kwame Brown. My guess is that he has 100 pot with no chance to teen bust. He needs to utilize the pot to become good, but with no risk right off the bat, he would be an interesting player to develop.

5. Gilbert Arenas. Wish the pot was a little higher, but is ready to be a PG of the future right away for any team who needs him. My guess is he'll have high TOs and will probably transition to SG for most of his career.

1. Dwight Howard. Good base with A potential, only 18 years old
2. Josh Smith. 6'9 225 with a good offensive base, top 15 defensive ranking in this class with the fourth-highest pot at 18 yrs old.
3. LaMarcus Aldridge. Top-seven pot & inside scoring, only 19 with solid base ratings. instantly adds defense and rebounding to the team with a chance to boost.
4. Rudy Gay. high potential, 18 yrs old, solid base ratings, looks like he can be a solid two-way player for me to pair with Bron on the perimter
5. Gerald Wallace. I just really love his potential as a two-way scorer, he's one of the older prospects with a B potential but the only person rated as a better interior scorer is Dwight and if you're drafting looking for a long-term second or third option he would be a solid addition.

mngopher35

Dwight - looks like the clear best player in draft to me
Rudy Gay - has nice scoring to start and high pot
Al Horford - nice ratings as a base for 18 year old big
Lamarcus Aldridge - also has good ratings with a bit more offense than horford and chance to boost
Gilbert Arenas - not a high pot guy but he already looks like he can contribute

notail

Howard - young guy and we all know he was an athletic freak. should develop into a Shaqesque player
Gay - whenever there's a good scoring wing, he'll be a top prospect
Gilbert Arenas - ceiling may be low, but I bet his floor is already high with his scoring capability
LMA - good scoring big is hard to come by and he's 19
Brown - he can be a god or a bust. let FBB's TC decide

hokeyrules

Howard - or should I say Shaq Jr. 2nd best pot and looks amazing
Gay - looks like a great scorer and high pot and only 18
Gilbert Arenas - Looks ready already, young enough with coaching and summer league he could get a huge boost even with low pot
Aldridge - 19 and looks to be a pretty good scorer, not sure about D
Brown - Bust or God, so depends who he gets drafted by.

Cloud

Staff member
Dwight Howard - Probably the next closest thing we’re going to have to Shaq. Likely going to be a high end starter as a floor. Could be an MVP and DPOTY as a ceiling.

Gilbert Arenas - Already a starting caliber guard right off the rip. Even if he only goes +1 across the board at his peak he’s still a B- B+ B B C guard and honestly who the hell isn’t absolutely ecstatic over that, everyone would be stoked to have a guy like that on the roster. Very safe pick imo, should at least be an all-star a few times as a floor.

Al Horford - Well rounded fundamentalist big. Going to play good defense, be solid on the boards, probably won’t TO much and he’s going to hit his FTs. I’d be willing to bet he has the most successful career from a winning perspective of all the top guys, but he probably won’t be the sexy, glamorous franchise center piece. I see him as like an awesome glue guy that gets underrated but contributes a ton to winning. Obviously he’s 18 though so if he boosts or double boosts then he could just be incredible.

Rudy Gay - Another 18 year old, great pot even if he doesn’t boost. Awesome based to start with, should play on both ends of the court and rebound his position on the wing. Looks like he should be pretty athletic as well with that inside game so he should be a volume scorer too. Like him a lot. He would be a top overall selection in a lot of drafts we’ve had here.

Lamarcus Aldridge - Sort of like Horford but he’s a year older so only 1 chance to boost but he’s another guy that should play really efficiently. He’s got the 2nd best rebounding in the class with the highest C+ grade. He’s also got the highest B- inside scoring. He’s upper B- defense as well and his C- outside is close to C. Has A potential even if he doesn’t boost and after SL and maybe a weight boost he should be looking like B C D- B B- off the rip and that’s just awesome.

AiRuPtHeRe™

1. Dwight Howard - Best inside, best rebounding, great potential and 18. Should be an elite shot blocker from the get.
2. Rudy Gay - Pretty good scoring ratings for a teen. Tough to find wings in the league so he'll be likely top 3 based off needs/skills.
3. Gilbert Arenas - His pot is low, but he's the guy who can contribute right away. Please donkey for the love of guards, don't make him a TO machine like a lot of other PGs.
4. LaMarcus Aldridge - I'm taking him and moving to SF. Would be a pretty good 7'1 SF.
5. Al Horford - Boston Celtic bias.

Last edited:

the_jon

1) Dwight Howard - The obvious star of the draft in terms of name power. Ratings back it up too, coming in as one of the best rebounding bigs weve seen

2) Gilbert Arenas - Lowish pot but looks so good already it may not matter. Think he will be a star early in his career. Is the guy I would want most from this draft.

3) Al Jefferson - Well rounded big that doesnt hurt you anywhere and is 18.

4) Rudy Gay - Top wing and should score a lot. Defense may leave something to be desired but he has a chance to be a 20-25 PPG guy

5) LaMarcus Aldridge - Very similar to Horford but 19. Either could be great with a boost but Aldridge only gets one chance so he ranks lower.

cavsfan817

Staff member
1. Dwight Howard -- He looks like he could be one of the GOATs if everything goes accordingly, and at worst he could be the best big man in the league. Whoever lands him has their franchise cornerstone.

2. Al Horford -- Horford and Aldridge are incredibly similar two-way looking bigs, however, Horford will likely be better defensively and he has two chances to boost so he gets the edge here.

3. Lamarcus Aldridge -- As mentioned already, he looks incredibly sick on both ends of the floor, but he only has one chance to boost, so he loses the edge here to Horford.

4. Rudy Gay -- Big fan of his makeup and I think that he will turn into a truly elite scorer, even if he doesn't pan out on both ends of the floor.

5. Gilbert Arenas -- Extremely high floor scorer. He will likely be top 5 in ppg for his the majority of his career. He doesn't have the upside that a lot of these other guys do, but he will be an elite statsheet stuffer at PG.

yrtb

Wizards
Staff member
Dwight Howard - Has a ridiculous base to go along with really high POT and being 18. Artis 2.0

Al Horford - Also a really nice base, and looks like he'll make free throws too. Biggest question is if his rebounding develops and if he POT jumps

Rudy Gay - Should be an insane scorer. Hopefully his inside is not mostly jumping

LMA - Similar build to Horford with slightly lower POT and being 19. Will be filthy is he jumps

Gilbert Arenas - Kind of unfortunate that his POT is so low, but he's starting off w/ arguably the best base in the draft so should still be a good scorer and passer.

G9.

Pistons GM
I'm going to list and explain 6-10.

1. DH
2. Horford
3. LMA
4. Rudy Gay
5. Gilbert
6. Gerald Wallace - I really, really hate drafting/playing/etc. wings who don't have good outside. It is just so tough to win the big games when your wing averages 2.1 points per make and the opponents averages 2.6 points per make. That said, G-Wall has the top defense in the class as well. I think he will be a great 3rd or non-option if he is given that opportunity. He should not be drafted to be an option (nearly B C scoring). But I think a great trio would be something like LeBron - LMA - Gerald in a balanced focus. If the Mavericks can get a top 3 pick and also trade back into the top of this draft that is a very well rounded trio.
7. Josh Smith - 18 years old and top 5 pot can only fall so far. I think he has a long way to go to be a legitimate big man (mid C rebounding), but with some pot luck, half a year in d-league, and strength/jumping that can be brought up. He looks like he will be able to score too. I worry about turnovers. If he can block he did in his prime IRL this man will make 400 million dollars in this league. Super low greed and low play for winner is a good look for a team that is still a few young pieces away.
8. Kwame Brown - I just don't think he continues to fall much further with #1 pot. He's not really fringe high but he's not really fringe low. In a few years he could be Fabricio Oberto. Probably better.
9. Taj Gibson - He's just a teenage Kwame Brown. Cooler name too. Will definitely be a solid rotational big within a few seasons.
10. Marques Green - This guy is pretty appealing. I have literally never heard of him but he clapped it up in college IRL. I expect him to have good volume and above average handles. He is 22 but his pot is near the top. Actually after further research this guy could literally go above Gilbert Arenas and it wouldn't be all that questionable. Volume should probably be ridiculous. He shot 10 3PA his senior year of college. If he does that in BSL on decent splits the league is quite fucked.

Donkey

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
1. Dwight Howard - Always take the guy with the highest ceiling. Howard could end up one of the best players in the league in no time.
2. Rudy Gay - 18 years old, great base already, and will likely develop into an All-Star.
3. LaMarcus Aldridge - Really close between him and Horford but in this league I think you want a big who can score and Aldridge is more built to score.
4. Al Horford - One more boost then Aldridge, will be a great defender at least but he has a chance to be a good scorer too.
5. Josh Smith - Will need to use his boosts and pot to be an All-Star but it's hard to pass up on him at this spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.