Sim 3 (S7)

Nate

Staff member
You were given the keys to an expansion team in the NBA and you get the choice of Luka Doncic or Jayson Tatum to build your team around. Who would it be and why?

$3 Mill

Xxplayerxx23

Luka. You give him bostons roster with defenders and shooting and ball handlers it’s a perfect fit imo. Tatum is great too no doubt about that but Luka is just a lot better all around outside of defense

GB

Your Moms Favorite GM
I will proudly be a Homer and take Tatum. For some of Tatums short comings, Luka has yet to prove anything. Tatum gets it held against him that he’s been pushing championships at a young age and hasn’t closed the deal. Lukas never even got there. I know that’s not all Luka’s fault but he hasn’t proved any more than Tatum and Tatum has been the face of a beast of a team most of his career and is the more well rounded guy.

Xxplayerxx23

I will proudly be a Homer and take Tatum. For some of Tatums short comings, Luka has yet to prove anything. Tatum gets it held against him that he’s been pushing championships at a young age and hasn’t closed the deal. Lukas never even got there. I know that’s not all Luka’s fault but he hasn’t proved any more than Tatum and Tatum has been the face of a beast of a team most of his career and is the more well rounded guy.
Super homer. Compare situations around both and Luka did go to the WCF so it’s not like he didn’t go anywhere. Idk how Tatum is more well rounded he’s a better defender for sure but what else is he better at lol

Foreman

Luka is the answer here. Both are #1 guys on any team, but Luka makes it easier to build a team around.

Just Swaggy

Luka, because I think he has more of a killer instinct and is a better leader. I don’t think Tatum is that much better than Booker, and Luka is his son so thats my logic behind it.

Username

the best
Luka because he’s one of the best offensive players in the league currently and a lot more flexibility with your roster

Snypes89

Luka. His defense has improved this season and he’s my favorite 2nd player, so there’s that

Nate

Staff member
Luka for me as well. You swap Luka to Boston and Tatum to Dallas, Celtics would win the league with ease and Mavericks would be a 7 seed

brooks

Thunder
Luka for me for continued success. The lack of defense is obviously concerning, but he is a legit star and one of the best offensive forces in the league.

Cloud

Staff member
Luka not even close imo he’s an elite offensive engine and I don’t think he’s afraid of the big moment unlike someone else

Swope

Staff member
Luka Luka Luka

international sales to make the boss happy!!

BradS4President

Magicians
being the big Celtics fan that I am, it is hard to pass by Tatum... But I would certainly do so in order to build my team around the triple double scoring machine that is Luka Doncic. Obviously Tatum can hold his own, but Luka is the better all-around player

Kings

Ty
As much as I dislike Luka, I would definitely take him to run the offense. Elite 3 level scorer and passer. Think if you surround him with the right pieces you’ll see the results speak for themselves

yrtb

Wizards
Staff member
Luka easy. He has game breaking abilities that offset his weaknesses and the fact that you need to build a certain way around him. You need a guy who can take over like him to win a ring

Tatum is dope are arguably more well rounded, but he doesn’t have the same ability to take over the game offensively