Sim 3 (S4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate

Staff member
If you could be a professional athlete in any sport, what sport would it be and why? For team sports, what position would you play and what number would you wear?

$3 Mill

Kings

Ty
Basketball, always been my favorite sport. I grew up better at football but put hours into ball everyday at one point. I’m short as hell so by default I’ll be the SG, #12 word to Andrew Luck

Nate

Staff member
I’d go with golf. The game is essentially endless in terms of playing late into life. Can win on the PGA Tour all the way from 20 years old to 50+ years old. Plus I could get one of those pay days from LIV.

Username

the best
Basketball or baseball. I’m more of a football guy than baseball but they baseball money is insane and takes way less of a toll on your body

Mzylinski

When I was a kid I’d say baseball, and 1B with the number 21.

Now that I’m older I am going to say Bowling, a lot less wear and tear and I’d always play inside.

leflop

Golf would be cool, a lot of travel to nice places, less injury risk, decent paydays, and probably still have a decent sense of privacy.

If I were to think about one maybe like 50ish years in the future, I'd love to do 3-gun. I love the youtube videos on it and I think it would be a fun time

Donkey

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
There are two answers depending on if professional athlete means that you're going to be one of the better athletes in the given sport, if if you're the bottom of the barrel. If you are going to be at the top, the answer is golf. You are going to get paid a ton, injuries are going to be at a minimum, and it's something you can do your whole life. If you're going to be a "professional" but the bottom tier of the PGA Tour or something similar, this isn't the right choice. Being a lower level NBA professional is going to pay far more.

yrtb

Wizards
Staff member
In terms of playing pickup football I love to play corner, but I wouldn’t love the injury risk of doing that pro.

I also like playing soccer so probably that, I think I’d be best as a wing back. #24

brooks

Thunder
In terms of playing pickup football I love to play corner, but I wouldn’t love the injury risk of doing that pro.

I also like playing soccer so probably that, I think I’d be best as a wing back. #24
Where in the world are you playing pickup football

BradS4President

Magicians
Basketball has always been my favorite sport and I played in college, so it seems to be the answer that makes the most sense.
Number would be 40.

Panic!

Tennis easily. Because it's classy. I could get rich girls instead of whores. I'd consider formula 1 too.

notail

Tennis has been my sports that I've played in the past and love how artistic it can be if you're good. Challenging both mentally and physically. Different reason than Panic's lol

Just Swaggy

This is such an easy question for me. It always has been and always will be basketball. I tried other sports when I was younger like soccer and baseball, but my ADHD Swaggy mind could not handle it. Soccer we were just ass, and Baseball was so slow and boring. I would yell to my mom while holding 3rd base down, “Mom when will the game end?” Looking back on it now I was actually pretty decent at baseball. I caught the ball well, was 3rd in hitting order, and player 3rd base well. Probably helped that my older brother was the star pitcher at the time. I was okay at baseball.

But, Basketball was different. I never wanted to stop and would play for hours after school until the gym would close. Something about basketball just really spoke to me. Even though I was skinny white kid playing against grown men, I usually found a way to hold my own with my shooting, and not giving up. I had great handles too so that was easy to pickup, everything after was easier. Basketball has a certain thing about finesse and being different shapes and sizes making it work in your favor. The runs back and forth would just be fun to be in. Ankle breakers are a treat. The pay is good. Only bad thing is the schedule is insane, and you’re never with your family. Pay is great though.

Hooper

Soccer. Those guys are rockstars out in Europe. And if you’re a superstar then you get to come dominate in the US for like $100M a year when your career is waning. World Cup is the biggest stage and your injury risk is relatively low as far as fucking you up for life after you’re done with the sport.

Foreman

I'd pick basketball since it was always my best sport in general. When I played in rec leagues, I would play a point forward type position so SF would probably by my choice. Number would have to be #5

Cloud

Staff member
Pitcher, I was nasty, wish I would’ve rehabbed my shoulders better and not gotten into partying. Would wear #13 like always

Status
Not open for further replies.