Sim 3 (S4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donkey

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
For $3.0M, assign each of the below real life GMs/Execs to sim league GMs, and give an explanation for each of your choices.

Danny Ainge:
Isiah Thomas:
Sam Hinkie:
Billy King:
Ted Stepien:

Cloud

Staff member
Danny Ainge:

oh forsure it’s ebbs, only wants to make a deal if he’s winning hand over fist

Isaiah Thomas:

definitely Hank, by far the most likely to have a sexual harassment scandal

Sam Hinkie:

I mean it’s probably Donkey with the pick hoarding strategy and analytics / data / viewing players as numerical values vibe

Billy King:

so Billy King is known for making some of the worst trades in NBA history as his legacy…. So that’s gotta be like a Daulten type, though it’s not 100% fair to him it’s probably the closest

Ted Stepien:

Alright so again this one is mainly trying to get you to call someone out for being shitty because Stepien’s time in Cleveland was just a total dumpster fire, as the 1983 Cavs were called the worst club and most poorly run franchise by the New York Times. He’s also obviously the guy who made the draft pick trading rule. I know he’s not the GM anymore as of recent but I wanna say like fucking Nate is who I feel fits here because he just doesn’t do anything and then when he does like at the end of last league when he got bullied into being active he just destroyed his teams entire future by moving every pick and trading them and his prospects for meh guys on big deals + Nate commishes other leagues and makes dumb rules and the Stepien rule kinda sucks.

Foreman

Danny Ainge: Agree with cloud on this one, has to be Ebbs. Always for some reason wants an extra pick or 2 in a deal that you wouldn't even move a pick for in the first place.

Isiah Thomas: Based off this article, he can hit on picks but doesn't find success and makes some questionable decisions. I would say it's me but I don't really hit on picks, so my choice is beats. He tends to grab the right guys but also overpays and doesn't really find himself doing too much in the playoffs.
(https://syndication.bleacherreport....-of-a-good-gm-according-to-new-study.amp.html)

Sam Hinkie: Again I agree with cloud, donkey has his trust the process strategy that worked for him last season.

Billy King: Going off being known for making bad trades, I feel like catdude fits there. Sure he's had more success than me, but there's plenty of times where he makes questionable trades.

Ted Stepien: "most poorly run franchise" right now to me is the Knicks so I gotta pick curry for this one. He probably has a bunch of draft picks, but he's already had to reset his tank and we're only 4 seasons in.

the_jon

Danny Ainge - Ebbs but you could argue a few others. Nothing wrong with that though, the goal should always be to win trades and Ebbs understands that.

Isaiah Thomas - User because hes most likely to spit on MJs dead corpse

Sam Hinkie - I feel like Donkey created this question just so people would make this comparison. But whatever, I'll bite.. Donkey = Hinkie because picks

Billy King - Me because I've legitimately made some of the worst deals we have ever seen. Not this file, but in general I think I could fit here and I dont want to offend anyone (today)

Ted Stepien - Player because hes most likely to trade all his picks in a manner that would necessitate a new rule being created, which is impressive

notail

Danny Ainge: he's the GM I know the most out of 5. He only trades when he outright wins the trade. also unwilling to make a trade if it's dependent on one additional pick/swap/role player. Ebbs comes to my mind. Don't think GB is as much like that, but GB is also one of the harder GMs to deal with cuz you know he has a steep price for his players

Sam Hinkie - Process. based on what he did with the sixers, I'm going to say Panic. he builds through the draft and he has his own "process."

Isiah Thomas: rough GM who has also been known to make questionable trades. I would go with Hank

Billy King: seems like making poor/questionable trades is what King likes to do. I would say Brad sometimes trades his futures for players instead of rebuilding and it usually ends up Brad making the playoffs but not going too far in the postseason

Ted Stepien: investing all the picks that ends up being a poor decision. based on last league, I've seen player commit by trading all his picks but he ended up making the playoffs without having a star/superstar.

monta8curry

Danny Ainge: idek, sounds like Ebbs is the popular choice so I'll stick with that

Sam Hinkie - Panic lmao, man rebuilds most of the time.

Isiah Thomas: Me, i fuckin suck

Billy King: boutta be User cus I have his picks for Kevin Johnson hehe.

Ted Stepien: who trades all their picks? not sure tbh. curry did with his lakers last league for like cam ridley so i'll go with that lmao

Panic!

Danny Ainge: Panic. He likes picks. Hw sometimes hits the jackpot in drafts. But he cant seem to make his team great.

Isiah Thomas: Foreman. Because he is a pistons fan.

Sam Hinkie: Donkey. He has good teams. And sometimes he gets top picks. Idk how.

Billy King: xxplayerxx23. He is fat and is a bad gm

Ted Stepien: Hank. He trades picks. Idk. I need the 3M

mngopher35

Danny Ainge and Sam Hinkie are just too good for me to change honestly.

I think Donkey with his long tank strategy is the easiest one to pick a match for

Ebbs is known for being the type of GM to make some crazy offers and mostly pull off trades he wins big.

Isiah Thomas - Known for bad trades I think, hurting the future a bit with picks used. I will go Brad on this one, I think he should have kept his picks to start the league. I will note Kings are doing solid this season though so he did get at least a year out of it

Billy King - I am thinking this is a worse version of above and going with Hank, he always starts out a league hot so props here on getting those early rings but then he will be continually middling and sending out picks instead of just trying to rebuild ever the rest of the file.

Ted Stepien - My immediate thought was Player because he would be the most likely to abuse no rules about trading future picks lol

hokeyrules

Okay I do not know half of these so kind of stealing ideas based on posts above.

Danny Ainge: Cloud, I think he makes the right deal all the time, and it is not a bad thing, but he is always sure he is winning the trade. Unless he gifts me a player to make me feel better about myself. (Ebbs is a very close second)

Isiah Thomas: If its how Foreman said it would be me. I draft relatively well, but I have no idea how to piece together a winning team. I also then have to go to trusted GMs to see what I should do and I still mess it up. However, I always seem to hit in my picks even when its completely random and a player should not do that good.

Sam Hinkie: Donkey for his trust the process and just trading picks for more picks and more picks and then owning an entire draft.

Billy King: Daulten because he is bad.

Ted Stepien: Hank, If he could not own a draft pick, I am pretty sure he would be ecstatic about it. He trades it as much as he sells donuts.

AiRuPtHeRe™

Danny Ainge: panic - likes picks and young wings
Isiah Thomas: I’m not sure what team he GMs, so I’ll go with foreman who I don’t know what team he GNs
Sam Hinkie: donkey… trust the process. He had a weird way of getting picks, but it worked out in the end.
Billy King: Brad … likes to trade all his picks.
Ted Stepien: player .. he doesn’t like having picks

The Godfather

Ainge Panic jyouth youth

Isaiah - Curry soft spoken mofers

Hinkle is 100% Donkey

King = Daulten he is horrible

Ted is me dude mortgages the future at will

Donkey

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Danny Ainge: Ebbs, needs to rape deals to make them.
Isiah Thomas: Daulten, dumpster fire.
Sam Hinkie: Panic, doesn't know how to actually win but can accumulate firsts and draft.
Billy King: Henny, mortgages his future for aging stars all the time.
Ted Stepien: Player, trading ALL of his firsts.

Status
Not open for further replies.