Sim 3 (S30)

Donkey

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
For $3.0M, three part question:
a. What is the best trade destination, fit wise, for James Harden and why?
b. What is the worst trade destination, fit wise, for James Harden and why?
c. Where do you actually think Harden ends up (if anywhere) and why?

Panic!

A. Grizzlies - Morant-Harden-JJJ big three would be amazing. Defense of Morant and Winslow fits next to Harden. JJJ gives spacing and also defense.
B. Wolves - Even if they trade their wings, DSlow would definitely stay because he is friends with KAT. DSlow and Harden would be a nightmare offensively and defensively.
C. Pistons - They have a dumb GM who thinks this team can win with Grant and Plumlee. Would probably trade picks.

Cloud

Staff member
A. In terms of like, where it actually works with a team around him? He’s going to get his regardless of where he goes, you could probably make an argument for Orlando being the team trying to win where it checks all the boxes for what they need... they need that lead guard and go to scorer desperately and they could surround him with tons of defenders.

But if you’re looking in terms of like, the team where he could go and actually have success and it be somewhat realistic, I’d say Boston. They win a title with him.

B. Out of the realistic options I think Brooklyn is a pretty bad fit. Not enough touches to go around and Kyrie and Harden backcourt is a comical headache.

C. Feels like there’s too much smoke for it to not be Brooklyn.

FortsonBass

a. What is the best trade destination, fit wise, for James Harden and why? Best fit in my humble opinion would be the Suns. He reunites with Chris Paul and that roster is pretty nice spacing wise with Galloway, Moore, and some other role players. Imagine a Booker+Saric+1st for Harden swap. Seems like a win win for CP3’s window and Suns sell high on Booker.
b. What is the worst trade destination, fit wise, for James Harden and why? Knicks are a shit show and Harden would add to it. Got a feeling he wouldn’t report until they got a 2nd star and Thibs would murder him for not playing defense.
c. Where do you actually think Harden ends up (if anywhere) and why? Nets eventually, but maybe not till March. There’s smoke but his value is weird right now.

Donkey

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
A. Toronto, they'd have to move Kyle Lowry to get it done, but Harden would be such a huge upgrade offensively. They already have a great defense, but they need that true number one option. Siakam would be so much better as the number two option on the team. They would be the best team in the East potentially.

B. Denver, bad for both sides. The Nuggets have so much young talent, and throwing Harden in there who is going to suck up so many shots would stunt the development of plenty of their players. For Harden, playing with Murray in the backcourt wouldn't be great. Both are ball dominant and do a lot of the same things, Harden just obviously much better.

C. I think he just stays in Houston this season. There aren't any great trade packages out there for the Rockets and he's under contract for three years. They're probably not winning anything this year regardless, so there's no harm in holding onto him.

notail

a. Pelicans with Ingram + Ball picks type of deal for Harden. I think having a main offensive weapon with an athletic freak and unselfish big like Steven Adams would fit nicely
b. Warriors. With GSW having Curry as their franchise player, both Harden and Curry would need to be the ball handler and I don't see them meshing well
c. I don't think it'll be a good trade for Nets, but I think they will try to trade all their assets to obtain harden to team up with KD and Irving.

Kings

Ty
A. I think Miami would be a fun spot for Harden. Maybe too fun. Herro, Olynyk, Iggy, and Leonard + picks gets it done. Won’t happen but a trio of Harden, Butler and Bam with Dragic would definitely do some damage.

B. The Kings. No point in going all in on someone who will leave when he expires. Pretty much goes for all teams at the bottom.

C. Pretty sure he’ll end up playing alongside Kylie and KD eventually, if not I’m not even sure.

Xxplayerxx23

A- Warriors it think that would be great. Curry’s used to playing off ball and harden can benefit from playing next to a great team.
B - The knicks. Hed be the only guy after we trade all our players and picks for him. I hate him too so yeah
C The nets and I think while it’s a bad fit they’d make it work

BeatsHaveADream

Indiana Pacers GM
A. Pacers. Brogdon, harden, warren, sabonis, turner would be dope
B. Pacers. Everyone would trash him cus hes a lifetime middling playoff performer joining a lifetime middling playoff team
C. Pacers. Espn loves a bad narrative

hokeyrules

A. Raptors - FVV, Harden and Siakam would be a great combo. KL might have to go for that to work which would be sad, but maybe he gets cut and signed back to a min contract to win another title and retire
B. Lakers - Can't play with James
C. Brooklyn does a lot of dumb stuff a lot of the times.

the_jon

A) Best fit I think would be Boston. They have the defense to make Harden actually work in the playoffs and they have the means to do it. Dont think itll ever happen but would be interesting.

B) Worst fit Knicks. Would just mess up the Knicks building process and stunt RJs development.

C) Brooklyn seems to be the spot. Too many rumors for there not to be something to it.

Username

the best
A. I feel like Miami would be dope if they could pair Butler and Harden, however I think those two would butt heads because Harden would be at King Of Diamonds while jimmy is waking up to practice.

B. I think Brooklyn would be absolutely terrible. Harden, kyrie, and KD will have to share touches I don’t think any of them really want to do that besides KD. Kyrie is a walking head case, I wouldn’t want to play with him at all if I was an NBA player. First chance he gets hell blame you.

C. I’d like to believe that Houston is patient and they’ll just hold Harden this year. If he does get moved I think it’ll be Miami or Brooklyn.

Greeme

A. Boston- they have the d and need the o. Not really sure who they could move to get him though
B. Nets - wouldn't have enough shots to go around
C. Nets- the offensive firepower is too much to turn down even though it is a bad overall fit

The Godfather

LAC- Because he is >>>>> than Pau; George---- Leonard/Harden perhaps the GOAT 1-2 punch in league history-- Sorry to MJ/Pippen.. Magic/KAJ and Lebron/Davis...

Any rebuilding team- cause he is a Contending piece and going to a non-contender would be a waste

He stays cause is hard to pay that price and fit that $$ into a square box

AiRuPtHeRe™

1. Best Fit - I still like him in Orlando. He’d be the main guy, they have some shooters around him (Ross-Fournier-Vucevic). Think he’d fit well there.

Worst Fit- Brooklyn. Too many scorers, 1 ball. Someone is finna be heated (and likely kyrie)

Ends up - Philly, I could see Philly trading Simmons away for him. Hard for Philly to pass that up.

mngopher35

Best fit: Miami. I think with butler and bam able to carry the load defensively it would work out if they get along. Harden would have plenty of spacing to work with still while having people covering his weakness.

Worst fit: Nets. It’s the option with the most talent but the fit isn’t great there. Still good chance at a title but that’s due to overwhelming talent more than fit.

Ends up: philly. I think pairing him with embiid is also a good fit. Philly has Simmons which can land harden and maybe even get some more pieces moving to add role players/depth.

yrtb

Wizards
Staff member
A: If Butler/Harden can coexist, Miami would be a great fit. They have a lot of guys who play well off ball and are great on defense, and a couple shooters for spacing as well.

B: Knicks. It would be classic to sell the farm and some lottos for Harden to have 0 help and be Melo 2.0

C: Brooklyn. Big 3 part two. It’ll probably be a disaster, but it’s one of the places Harden likes and big 3s are in these days

NCツ

Miami, get Jimmy and Bam some help

Nets no shot it works unless Kyrie is sent to houston in return

Philly for Ben Simmons

Nate

Staff member
Philly. They need a shooter and that pick-and-roll between Harden and Embiid would be unstoppable.

Let's go Nets. Too many egos. Would be a weird mix of players.

I think a Ben Simmons based trade is the best, so Philly.

• Haha
Reactions: G9.