Sim 3 (S3)

Nate

Staff member
How would you implement a luxury tax system in this league?

$3 Mill

Snypes89

Could have different levels of luxury tax. each level is certain amount of gm cash. Goes up each year over

Donkey

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Add a new $182M luxury tax level. It costs $20M to go over $172M as a flat rate. If you fail to pay you incur regular hard cap penalties.

Nate

Staff member
I like the idea that Donkey presented. Give a $10 mill over HC luxury tax but must pay X-amount of GM cash to access it.

cavsfan817

Staff member
Could make the payment astronomically high and escalating — 20m 1 year, 50m 2 consecutive years, etc. Failure to pay by end of szn or get under will result in loss of draft picks

yrtb

Wizards
Staff member
First 10M every 1M you go over costs 2M

Next 10M every 1M you go over costs 4M

can’t go more than 20M over

Just Swaggy

Other than copying someone elses idea. Maybe for every year they use that players contract they lose a draft pick every other year. Or after the contract is done you have to pay that in GM cash 1M = 1M in soft cap.

Cloud

Staff member
Has to be GM cash based but you also have to have multiple thresholds I think. Some sort of multiplier ratio of GM cash per millions of dollars over each threshold makes then its sense and is the cleanest imo. Similar to what’s being laid out above I like maybe a 2 or 3x kicker for every 1M over the first threshold, followed by a 4 or 5x kicker for every million over the next threshold.