Sim 3 (S14)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cavsfan817

Staff member

For 2m: Following suit from last sim -- Biggest underachieving team in each conference? Why? Do you expect it to continue?
BONUS: 1m for giving your most underrated player in the league and why​

SoftLettuce

Pistons underachieving but only cause I set my expectations too high lol. Thought I would win games a little too soon. Probably gonna keep going, especially since Granger is hurt. He's also my underrated guy cause he's been hurt and was averaging 26 a game, and we've only won 5 games without him, lol. Rough year for me and my Pistons.

Panic!

Hawks - they have the best best backup PG in the league injured so they are not winning much. This will not continue because he will be back in 12 days.

Mavs - They have Lebron. They will bounce back.

most underrated: Dusan Djordjevic. Best backup Pg in the league.No one wanted him.

FortsonBass

East: Bullets, lots of talent and barely at the 8 seed. I’d expect them to be better, but so far Ebbs hasn’t found a good DC. Sad!

West: Nuggets, Hank made a nice trade for D-Will but hasn’t found a good DC yet. Pretty pathetic in the West.

Most underrated is Arron Afflalo. Really flourishing in SAC but he gets no love. Just not fair

The Godfather

East - Knicks ..flip Nets and Knicks records and that would be right where they belong ..Knicks record should be 30+ Wins and Nets around 25 or so... I think Curry goes as TP goes..his TO problems of the 1st Sim or 2 seemed to have been corrected.. I expect Knicks to reverse course and be a top 2 or 3 team in East...not because he is my player..but adding an insurance policy highly efficient PG like Bullock would go a long way here...

West- Rockets.. the Preseason GOAT team has been avg good at best and may not even retain home court for rd 1 of playoffs.. to be respectful we don't match up well vs them..while we owned Twolves and LAC...

Most underrated player this Season = Udonis Hasslem.. he has been terrific for us and is playing a key role in our turn around after Sim 1.. he is a terrific team player and is a steady contributor in all categories..

mngopher35

East: I would say the Hawks, Duncan/Pau in the front court with AI/Roy and some decent role players I thought they would be one of the top teams but it hasn't looked that way so far. I think he can improve his standing a little bit but it will be tough with how good top east teams are to get homecourt.

West: Rockets, they seemed like the favorite to me starting the season but haven't quite played like it so far. They are still very good and there is plenty of time to get it right and be favorites out west come playoff time if they get hot, I think they improve 2nd half of the season.

Most underrated player: Dwade is putting up a lot of points efficiently this year, he was always seen as sort of a bust but has really turned it around recently.

Last edited:

Hooper

East: Hawks - Only a +4 differential for a team with finals hopes just isn't getting it done. Right now they're middle of the pack in PPG, and in the bottom half of the league (barely) in FG% and 3%...think they need to find a better way to allocate their shots. I know they have been determined to keep Roy as their #1 option, but the 43/35 splits aren't cutting it for them right now. I think they have the talent to fix it.

West: The Mavs. Lebron is a top 2-3 player in the league. If you have a guy that good you need to be competing. An efficient 28/9/6 should be enough to carry, especially in the west. Think it'll continue unless they find some better rotation players outside of Bron.

The most underrated players in the league are Nash and Q Rich. KG gets all the credit for that team's success, but I think those two dudes put in work also.

Username

the best
East: Bullets. I feel like they should be better, Benoit turnovers kinda killing them rn but I think they can still be a threat in the playoffs.

west: jazz, they’re under achieving and I need them to make 8th seed.
Nah Fr tho I’d say Mavs are just because they have Lebron and the dudes an animal. Get that man a real pg to play with

underrated: gonna go with Dwayne Wade, I didn’t know he was going off like that until I checked the spurs roster.I definitely wouldn’t consider him a bust anymore but still there’s no way he can be a #1 on a championship team in fbb.

brooks

Thunder
East: Tough to say. Probably the Hawks, but they need to find a DC. Don't think the Bullets are a threat by any means with their current roster. So I gotta go Hawks.

West: Easily the Rockets. They have the best netPPP in the league, even though they are currently in 5th place in the west. They are as good as we all thought and I'd assume the playoffs will validate that.

Underrated: Dwyane Wade or maybe Sam Young. Wade is a killer and Young is leading the way on a very balanced Warriors squad.

Nate

Staff member
East: The Hawks. Just need to find the right DC and it'll click. The Bullets have a nice roster just too young and underdeveloped at a bunch of positions.

West: Rockets. There's no other option here. They're probably the best roster in the entire league and are in the 5th seed.

Underrated: Dwayne Wade. Underwhelming at first but has developed nicely.

Kings

Ty
East: Hawks for sure. Built pretty similar to us with two elite bigs. Thought they’d be a step
Above so far this year

West: Rockets, although I know that big 4 is going to cause a lot of matchup nightmares in the playoffs. They’ll probably step it up a bit to end the season too

I’d like to put Wesley Matthews and Wilson Chandler here for most underrated. Wilson had maxed out pot he’s gonna be one of the elite wings here. Wesley already elite 3 and D wing

yrtb

Wizards
Staff member
East: Hawks are stacked on paper. Elite bigs, great PG, and solid wings. They should be a top 4 seed, or at least have a better than +4 point diffy

West: Rockets record doesn't reflect their +11 point diff and the fact that they arguably have the best roster in the league. They should be the favorites to come out of the West

Underrated: Kind of a weird one but Huseyin Besok has been nice for the Cavs for a while. Great defensive/blocking 2nd or 3rd big who resigns dirt cheap every time he's a FA. Really helps w/ cap flexibility for the Cavs

LukaSZN

East: I think it was me, felt like we were better than our record but I stayed between a 6-7 point differential three sims and in pre, so maybe we weren’t. Now that I’m selling, I don’t think there is an underachiever.

West: Rockets, I thought 70 wins were in play.

Underrated: Gay??? Y’all sleeping on the league’s next king

Cloud

Staff member
Ehhh I guess by default it’s the Hawks but they don’t really have a consistent 3rd option so I’m not overly surprised at where they’re at. They should be a spot or two higher but for the most part the teams in the East are about where they should be more or less.

Again by default basically gotta be Houston with all of that star power but I think the TOs and FT% are really limiting this teams ceiling

Underrated player feels like it’s probably Quentin Richardson

GB

Your Moms Favorite GM
East seems about right.maybe hawks or hornets but it’s not like there’s anyone that is significantly worse ahead of them or anything

west is clearly rockets, they are gonna be a horrifying matchup for some poor soul in the playoffs that does not deserve to race them round 1

underrated Player gonna shout my guy Korver. He has no volume but for the role he should be in that’s not important, he is excellent at everything else really for the position

notail

East: Hawks? Given they have AI, Roy Pau and Duncan, I'd expect them to be top 4 but they're in the bottom half of thy playoff teams. I think they will improve over the course of the season

West: It has to be the Rockets. Best player in Kobe, one of the better PG in Terry and a big like Dwight is a legitimate big 3 plus having a star like VC as your 4th best player should have to leading the west if not the entire FBB league. they'll get to the top

AiRuPtHeRe™

East: Hawks, I expected them to a little bit better than their record indicates. Need to get a bit more production from Deng.

West: Rockets @ 5th seed right now. Way too much talent on that roster to not be the #1 seed. They will turn it up on during the playoffs and 4-0 everyone though.

Underrated: Dwayne Wade is averaging 27 after being called a bust. Phenomenal job by Brooks to trade Collison (a bit overrated) for Wade. Also shoutout to Sam Young who isn't lighting up the score board but is leading our balanced attack in scoring.

cavsfan817

Staff member
Stock answers, but they're accurate:

East: Hawks. They need to get a third dog to really be a powerhouse, but nonetheless they should be performing better than they have so far. Perhaps they need to embrace balanced and have Deng be the 3rd guy and embrace him. I realize they started in balanced and switched to outside, but it's not working out to this point.

West: Rockets. They'll be fine for the playoffs, but right now they are underperforming. Kobe is the trump card above all trump cards, and Dwight is the perfect FBB center, so I think that they'll figure it out.

I think Wade is probably the stock answer here as well, but I'll go off the board with a homer pick of Richard Hamilton (he's expiring so I can't really be too much of a homer pick here). His defense is very underrated because he never gets lit up in boxes and he can play both the 2 and the 3 effectively. Deadeye shooter that produces high volume as the 3rd option. Really nice third dog for a team.

Xxplayerxx23

Yes my team stinkssss but the Iverson injury hurt. I’m gonna go balanced for sure.

rockets have underachieved so far, they’ll get better and dominate in the playoffs

I agree with the wade and rip takes. Think they’re both really underrated. Rudy gay is super overrated by ebbs just an added extra

Donkey

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The biggest underachiever in the East is the Hornets. Chris Paul is one of the best players in the league at this point and that's the kind of player that typically dominates in FBB. It's possible it continues through the regular season just because the East is tough, but when the playoffs roll around I think the Hornets should be the favorites.

In the West it's probably the Mavericks, for similar reasons. LeBron James is the best or second best player in the league right now and as a result his team should be winning more games. The roster composition in Dallas certainly isn't the best, but they've trotted out worse teams around LeBron. I expect them to jump up in the standings a bit, they're better than the Kings and Spurs. In the playoffs I don't think many people want to see LeBron either.

The most underrated player in the league is probably Jeff Green, I think he's a top 20 talent. His ratings are so solid all around and if my team wasn't so stacked he'd be started. But to give an answer other than someone on my own team, I'll say Paul Millsap. Everyone is looking for bigs and he has quietly been really dominant in LA. He is only 23 so he probably hasn't even hit his ceiling. I just don't see many people talking about him, probably because his team is irrelevant. I have him as more valuable than Al Jefferson for reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.