Sim 3 S&U (S12)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cavsfan817

Staff member

For 3m: Who is still on their rookie deal that you think is ready/potentially able to take the next step in the next 1-2 seasons. Who is a player on a long-term deal that is due for heavy regression or a big decline?​

Panic!

Rookie Deal - Nando De Colo. Panic does not know his potential even though he paid for it in the spends thread but Panic truly believes in him and Panic has no other young player right now so he will for sure improve because he is the only one panic can spend money on.
Regression - Jermaine O Neal. He peaked a few seasons ago. Last year's TC he had a -2. Panic is happy he was able to get the most out of him.

FortsonBass

Who is still on their rookie deal that you think is ready/potentially able to take the next step in the next 1-2 seasons?

Brandon Roy is the obvious answer. He’s already pretty dope on the path to being

Who is a player on a long-term deal that is due for heavy regression or a big decline?

Elton Brand. Love the guy but his time to die is coming

LukaSZN

Rudy Gay is going to go from nice to bonkers next TC.

R.I.P. Hamilton feels like a guy who plateaued a year or two ago, already doesn’t play D. Maybe him on the other end?

Foreman

Rookie Deal: Brandon Roy is the easy answer. Best rookie of the class and has tons of room to improve on everything.

Declining: It's gotta be Shaq. It's probably Daulten's fault, but his scoring dipped this season and he'll be locked up until he's 39, as long as he doesn't retire. His fall off is coming.

NCツ

Rookie Deal: Kwame Brown. Dude had 99 pot and has only gone +2, he's due for a big tc at some point.

Declining: Zydrunas Ilgauskas. Homie hasn't had pot for a while, would not be surprised to see a -3 or -5 over his next two DC's

Kings

Ty
Rookie deal: Easily Roy and Gay here. Gay has tremendous potential and if he gets the keys to an offense it will be scary. Roy is also gonna be one of the best scorers in the league

declining: Shaq, it’s that time for the big fella. Hell still get his though an easy 15/10 as he fades away

notail

Rookie: I really like Gay. he already looks good for a player on a rookie deal and he's got potential.

Declining: Shaq given his age. It can be this coming season where the best center in this league's history start to take a hit

Nate

Staff member
Rookie: Has to be Brandon Roy or Rudy Gay. Both are developing well.

Regression: Shaq, strictly due to age.

GB

Your Moms Favorite GM
Rookie: Yao Ming, has always produced well in every dc type. He’s a tc away from being 20/10 on great %s

regression: shaq, I’m not sure if there is a different dc being run or something but he appears to have taken the first Step back

hokeyrules

Rookie: Wesley Matthews - some great stats on a bad team, as my team scores more points, he will be a killer in the lineup.
Regression: Shaq just because he is old and it has to happen at some point. Otherwise I would say anyone on Henny's team

Cloud

Staff member
Rookie:

Dwight Howard. He could probably overtake Shaq next season as the best Center in the league and if he has a good TC and improves his shot blocking I think he could be a rebounding champ and a DPOTY while being a 20+ PPG scorer

Veteran:

Allen Iverson, I think his best days are behind him and he’s so predicated on athleticism, heading into his age 32 season I wouldn’t be shocked to see him lose some on the defensive end and a bit in his offensive game as well

The Godfather

Rookie- Nene ...another +2 or so TC and an equal jump in production from rookie to soph to 3rd yr? And Nuggets got a 20/11/1.6 bpg non option with A or A+ defense...

Declining - Shaq.. Dominant Big due to become Good Big soon...

mngopher35

Rookie: Roy already looks good, within a year or two he will likely take a decent leap from great rookie to just great player

Vet: shaq looks about ready to fall off at this point, it may have already started some

AiRuPtHeRe™

Rookie: Rudy Gay is the obvious choice. Being a Bullet, he will somehow boost and be close to what we saw with RJ.

Vet: Shaq, daulten gonna die with him

Donkey

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I think LeBron is ready to erupt, I think he's being used wrong and is actually already one of the top 5 players in the league. He's only going to get better too, so whether it's just an improved DC or LeBron just getting to the point where he's amazing in all TCs, he's due for more of a jump in the next couple of seasons.

The obvious answer for regression is Shaq. He's on the first year of a big five year deal, he's 34 and due to start regressing. That contract is going to get ugly towards the end of it. I think he's always going to be serviceable until he retires, but he won't be worth the max money at the end of the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.