Sim 2 (S8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donkey

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Who are the top 5 GMs this iteration so far and why?

Foreman

Top 5 GMs for me have to be, in no order:
Cloud, Ebbs, NC, G9, and JB. 3/5 have rings, magic have been the favorites to win nearly every season, and the Cavs have been competitive every season.

Honorable Mentions to: Notail, Gopher, Scott, and Catdude for building solid teams as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: G9.

notail

In no order, G9, NC, JB, Ebbs, and cloud. Only one that I can see other GMs saying he doesn’t belong here would he cloud only if that’s based on results. He’s made correct moves to surround Shaq to win a ship but a combination or bad luck and other good GMs has led to the Magic not winning a chip yet

Username

the best
Ima say JB, NC, G9, Cloud, and Ebbs I guess. No specific order but they’ve p much ran the league after the 3rd season. Maybe put JB just below the rest because his team has always been good but not quite there, I know he has had one of the best PGs and used that to his advantage and put nice players around him. He recently moved Brandon for Billups which was a dope ass move by him. I’m sure he’ll get a ring within the next 8 seasons at least.

Username

the best
Top 5 GMs for me have to be, in no order:
Cloud, Ebbs, NC, G9, and JB. 4/5 have rings and the Cavs have been competitive every season.

Honorable Mentions to: Notail, Gopher, Scott, and Catdude for building solid teams as well.
3/5

G9.

Pistons GM
cloud, ebbs, henny, notail, scott

They don’t all have ships but I love the moves all of these GMs have made. Especially henny and Scott finding ways to win in the west without starting with a top 3 player or drafting a player with 10 higher pot than everyone thought. Personally I’ve never really made any elite trades or free agency signings. Just kind of did what needed to be done to give Tim/Dirk/Payton a good chance. notail highkey underappreciated though. Good drafting when he shows up for it. Good signings even when you expect him to tank.

Xxplayerxx23

NC, Cloud, Ebbs,G9, JB
Contenders pretty much the entire time, 3 of them have rings, JB and cloud have had great teams basically since the start and have just fell short because of fbb. Anyone that has Henry and catdude (even as a HM) should be fired. Get them up outta here for that nonsense.

hokeyrules

NC
Cloud
Ebbs
G9
JB

3/5 have championships. All of them are good gms not just in this iteration, but have really shown it off so far. Cloud has been unlucky but should have had a championship by now. Likely gets one with Baron

Panic!

Ebbs
NC
Username
G9
Cloud

first 4 won championships. thats what were here for. Cloud has been consistent And he got rid of penny now.

cavsfan817

Staff member
In no order: Cloud, G9, NC, Ebbs, myself

I think that this is the top 5 grouping for this iteration, not necessarily overall. All have made a ton of moves and have been competitive every season except for year 1 (in which NC/G9/Ebbs all set themselves up with a quick 1 year tank that put them where they are at now). Consistent success + not sitting on their stock team for the the championship that were won is big with me when determining rankings.

Cloud

Staff member
In no order:

Ebbs, Cavs, NC, G9 and Myself

All have been in the mix and a threat for the majority of the league and have made the right moves to stay consistently competitive

the_jon

Ebbs, G9, Gopher, NC, Cloud

All have built great teams with great cores. NC and Cloud had more to work with than the others but all have done well.

NCツ

In no order: Cloud, G9, NC, Ebbs, myself

I think that this is the top 5 grouping for this iteration, not necessarily overall. All have made a ton of moves and have been competitive every season except for year 1 (in which NC/G9/Ebbs all set themselves up with a quick 1 year tank that put them where they are at now). Consistent success + not sitting on their stock team for the the championship that were won is big with me when determining rankings.
fwiw we’ve never had a losing record, year 1 we just missed playoffs with a winning record :)

NCツ

Ebbs NC cloud Cavs and Scott

3/5 have rings. All 5 have been competitive almost every season and none have put on multiple year tanks in order to acquire their talent

• Angry

mngopher35

I would say Ebbs, G9, Cloud, JB and NC

All have pretty consistently had teams could potentially win it all. A lot of different moves made over the years to maintain good teams around some stud players and get younger when needed in a couple cases.

Donkey

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
1. Ebbs - Even though I know the effort isn't their and he got lucky with Terry, he still made the moves to build up his team right off the bat and has multiple championships to show for it.
2. G9 - This has to be the highest Dylan has been in awhile but he built up a super power of a team in Milwaukee and finally cashed in on a ship.
3. Gopher - While he hasn't gotten a ring yet, he paired up Kobe and Pierce who are going to be an amazing duo for years and years.
4. Notail - He's had two different successful versions of the Nets so far which has been impressive.
5. Cloud - I can't rank him higher given he started with on the the best teams but a lot of great iterations of the Magic have been put together so far despite not winning a ship yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.