Sim 2 (S6)

cavsfan817

Staff member

For 3m: Through two sims, who is the team doing well that surprises you most? Why? What team is severely underachieving? What should they do to "fix" their problems?

Panic!

Surprise - Raptors - Antoine Walker is surprisingly doing well. Baron Davis averaging 4TOpg yet they are 17-9.

Underachieving - Bullets - They have the best player in the file. They historically have good seasons. They will bounce bacm for sure. They should do nothing. This is sim 1 and 2 scaries.

notail

Surprise: Lakers only because none of top tom competing East and Twolves on the West are a surprise. I know Lakers have Hill and Kukoc but NVE is the reason why they're doing so well.

Underachieing: has to be the Bullets. champion but Terry and Allen with DRobinosn might not be enough to have a great record. However, if they make the playoffs, we all know a star PG can single handed win you a playoff series. They need another big and wing

Catdude

Surprise: The Cavs. Don't get me wrong, the Cavs are a good team but I didn't expect them to have the best record in the league after 2 sims, especially competing out east.

Underachieving: Clearly the Bullets. They have the GOAT jason terry and ray allen yet they're 12-12. I think they lack one more good wing. They've got Terry and Ray in the backcourt but they're missing a strong presence at SF.

hokeyrules

Surprise - Raptors because I barely know what I am doing and I have a winning record its kind of nice to see

Underachieving - Bullets - that team is stacked and they are only 12-12, but all they need to do is make the playoffs and could easily win it atll.

panda

Buy a ticket, take the ride
Surprse: The Rockets, as we should be trash but I guess Wade and Billups are too good to tank with in a trash West. Sigh

Under: Bullets. Terry and Allen is a hell of a combo and they have a .500 record, probably just unlucky so far. Tinker with the DC a bit and things will correct.

Donkey

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The Lakers are surprising to me, that great of a record with major holes in their starting lineup. Keon Clark should be a depth guy but he's their starting power forward and Nick Van Exel while he's productive, is not a good defender. Despite that they are the second best team out West.

Everyone is going to say the Bullets but their record doesn't really tell the whole story, they'll be in the mix by the end of the season. The Rockets are actually underachieving to me. They have young talent that is too good to tank with, so if I were them I would just start to push the chips in. Instead they're middling, either will be a 7-8 seed or miss the playoffs, and aren't capitalizing on Billups who is entering his prime and Wade who is already productive as a rookie.

Cloud

Staff member
Through two sims, who is the team doing well that surprises you most? Why? What team is severely underachieving? What should they do to "fix" their problems?

The overachieving team is the Utah Jazz. I don't understand all these Laker answers. That's a terrible answer... they're like 1 of 2 teams trying in the West and they have *by default* the 3 maybe 4 best players in their division. Even though they aren't actually good, that's a bozo answer. The reason the Utah Jazz are the obvious answer is because they traded off their best 2 players (Muresan and Sprewell) in the off-season and committed to a re-tool. That team doesn't have a single rebounder over C+, and is being led by burgeoning star Eddie House (almost looks like Jason Terry a few years ago), who's doing 20 & 8.5 since being given the keys to the car as the teams starting point guard. They've got virtually nothing on the wings, and no depth worth note, but they own a healthy +3.1 PPG differential, and are finding success by taking care of the basketball (#2 in TOPG, #1 in oSPG), and exceling on the defensive end (#5 in oPPG, #3 in o3PT%). Nobody had the Jazz at 18 - 10.

The underachievers are the Bullets, who, if we're calling a spade a spade, have been the biggest over-achievers in the league for the past couple of seasons. They've really got nothing outside of the big 3. Depth is pretty shoddy, SG and PF are amongst the weakest in the league (amongst competitive teams). Ray Allen has started off slow, and they already started to right the ship after sim 2, but they need several moves to fortify the rest of the roster, and I don't see what they have to realistically offer to make that happen for immediate improvement. Personally I would sell off D-Rob for a long-term asset and try to regroup.

The Godfather

The Lakers look like legit contenders out West and I echo what most have said above...

The Bullete..like wtf ..all that talent all that talent ALL THAT TALENT and 12-12 .. Jesus what happened

Scott

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Overachiever: Jazz

literally have had no intentions of winning this year and thought the removal of Muresan/Sprewell/hardaway would have put us towards the bottom of the league but I guess not. House is looking like the real deal which is very nice to see

underachiever: Bullets

Jason Terry is def at the top of the top in terms of studs in the league and Ray is a fantastic running mate alongside him + Drob. Doesn’t make sense

NCツ

Overachiever: jazz

should not be a top 3 team in west but they are. Maybe Spree and Miresan were cancers

under: bulls

Z-T Mac-Houston-Anthony-KJ should be in playoff contention. But they look they are tanking

yrtb

Wizards
Staff member
Over: Raptors. Baron Davis is obviously insane, but I honestly did not think Antoine Walker was this good, I just thought his numbers were inflated from being on my ass tanking team. Oops

Under: Bullets. Boring answer but Terry/Ray Allen has to be the best backcourt in the league, and DRob is an absolute stud. Obviously they are majorly lacking in depth, but I would think that's enough for at least a top 3-4 seed

mngopher35

Overachieve: raptors. Still a very young team but baron is already taking them places. Kenyon looks solid too.

Underachieve: bullets. They just won a title so it’s a little surprising, probably evens out a little. I think he could use a move or two outside his big 3 to fix the issue. Either way I expect them to be better rest of season.

Curry

Administrator
Administrator
Surprise- Knicks. I went in knowing we were probably too talented to bottom out but we’d be a legit playoff team out west and probably not far off that out East and I’m not sure the talent matches that.. for now

underachieving- Bullets I thought they’d be the best team in the league but that doesn’t seem to be the case. I’m honestly not paying enough attention to give advice on how to fix it either.

Xxplayerxx23

Over- Jazz don’t really get how they’re 18-10 even out west after the moves the made but here we are. Fbb loves to throw random shit out

under-Bullets, only two sims but clearly should be the top team or one of the top teams in the league. I expect them to bounce back soon

the_jon

Raptors being 17-9 through 2 sims is a surprise because I didnt think they had the pieces yet to compete in such a tough eastern conference.

Bullets seem to be massively underachieving at 12-12. I dont think they have to do anything they'll be fine.

cavsfan817

Staff member
Boilerplate for me, but Raptors are overachieving and the Bullets are underachieving. I think the Raptors will actually continue to be strong as Baron rounds into form. They should probably make a move to solidify themselves by bringing in another good piece while their team is relatively young and under team control without big contracts.

The Bullets just need to ride it out and let themselves correct in my opinion. Ebbs finally let Terry eat in Sim 2 with a very fast outside focus. I think they will bounce back and he will be in a good spot out east with his trio leading the way