Sim 2 (S4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate

Staff member
Do you believe the current low activity in this league is in direct correlation to the rules in place or is there another factor? Or do you believe the activity to be just fine? What do you think could be changed to increase activity?

$3 Mill

Mzylinski

People adjusting to a stagnant cap. Once those folks not flirting with the HC wanna try activity will increase

Foreman

I think activity may be lower because some of the more active people are hoping for a quick r word. But I think majority, if not all of the rules in this iteration would carry over so that doesn't make sense to do. Think people are just having a tough time adjusting to what's been the norm for like 15 real life years. Plus with everyone being a (mostly) functioning adult and it being the holiday season, activity normally takes a hit.

Kings

Ty
Activity isn’t really as bad as people gloom it to be. We’re all mid 20s - early 30s working full time with kids and other responsibilities and we still have a strong core.

some people are having a hard time adjusting but the elite gms will do so effortlessly and it’s been fun strategy for me. Been a lot of really solid trades that I’d make in previous leagues that aren’t worth it here. It’s a good thing we can’t use a cutback as a crutch imo. We don’t need 300 trades a season to be considered active

leflop

I would say things should pick up during the new year. Every league seems to be a in low activity state at the moment.

yrtb

Wizards
Staff member
The flat cap with no way to navigate the cap is not ideal. I was all for eliminating cutbacks, but there needs to be another way to navigate the cap. The NBA has an increasing cap (to deal with increasing contracts) and a luxury tax. Also FA doesn’t work with the current cap structure. If you’re close to HC and want to sign one 5M deal or something, you can end up fucked if you offer multiple deals and the all sign. We need conditional logic in FA if the cap is going to be fucked.

The enforcement of rules has been suspect. The first ship was 100% decided on a DC error. That’s an awful way to start a new iteration. Last season (or the year before, I don’t remember) we didn’t enforce the HC until sim 4 or 5. The current literal commish has been over HC for 2 sims.

Overall this iteration just feels unserious and way worse than last

Donkey

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I think it's fine, everyone just has lives right now, so naturally activity is lower. In relation to other leagues, this is still high in activity.

Nate

Staff member
I too believe activity is just fine. We don't need ten trades a day to reflect how active this league is. There's still a lot to get used to and the flat cap does make it hard for those with big contracts to move them. Also trying to find someone with enough expirings to match is another battle!

Status
Not open for further replies.