Sim 2 (S23)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LukaSZN

For 4M

Tell me the best movie that you've never seen anyone talk about on the TL and explain the premise.

BeatsHaveADream

Indiana Pacers GM
Honey we shrunk ourselves. Parents leave to go on a parents vacation. Leave the kids in charge. On their way to leave they accidentally shrink themselves. Kids just think they left anyways. Parents gotta get kids attention while maneuvering downstairs and away from bugs. Kids throw a party which doesnt make it easier for all this. Parents see how responsible the kids can be and learn lessons. Kids see how much they still miss their parents and learn lessons. Parents finally get attention of kids. Kids unshrink parents. Alls well

FortsonBass

Bald guy addicted to gambling decides to quit his job and become a baseball player. Some fat fuck is his assistant and he hates him. He plays golf one day, suddenly disappears, and the fat guy digs a crater in the golf course. They abandon the plot point about the golf course and how much it costs to fix. Then, the bald guy enters some far away land and has to play a basketball game to save fictitious people. If he doesn’t win, he becomes a slave on top of a mountain.

Foreman

Sorry to Bother You. A movie about telemarketing and society. If it sounds boring, I assure you that it's not. Very relevant to current day as it only came out a couple years ago.

Cheddar

The Magnificent 7 (remake). I watched it last night, its one of those movies that each time you watch it, the movie gets better IMO. It has a solid cast, a group of 7 "Cowboys" take a stand against an evil tyrant who has pillaged and taken many villages. The 7 + a widow of a murdered man (by Bogue) and the towns people take a stand to end the reign of Bartholomew Bogue.

NCツ

honestly dont watch much movies

Watched Athlete A on netflix the other day. A documentary on the Dr. Larry Nassar USA gymnastics sexual misconduct stuff that happened

Eberlicious

The Magnificent 7 (remake). I watched it last night, its one of those movies that each time you watch it, the movie gets better IMO. It has a solid cast, a group of 7 "Cowboys" take a stand against an evil tyrant who has pillaged and taken many villages. The 7 + a widow of a murdered man (by Bogue) and the towns people take a stand to end the reign of Bartholomew Bogue.
The original is fucking awesome too

G9.

Pistons GM
also don’t watch any movies so I’ll just talk about a couple good ones I saw recently

1. Icarus - documentary about doping in competitive sports. fun but informative watch.

2. Uncut Gems - (I think that’s the title?) I saw Sandler in it and figured it would be a wash but it turned out pretty good. Gambling addict keeps making a bunch of NBA bets even with his life on the line.

Username

the best
Ngl I didn’t like uncut gems.

a movie I never see get talked about though is the departed. Matt Damon plays good cops but he’s dirty af, and DiCaprio is undercover but he’s a good guy with dirt bag family

Reactions: G9.

Catdude

The Count of Monte Cristo.

The ultimate revenge movie. Dude gets betrayed by his best friend and is sent to an island jail for like 10 years or some shit. Learns how to fight, escapes, joins up with pirates and finds a ton of treasure. He assumes a new identity and seeks revenge against his former best friend who stole his girl.

Cloud

Staff member
Extinction:

A man's home life starts to suffer when he has recurring nightmares about a destructive and unknown force. He must soon find the strength to save his wife and two daughters when extraterrestrials launch a devastating attack on the planet. Basically like clover field but with a fantastic twist that really makes you think.

the_jon

It's Such A Beautiful Day

An experimental black comedy-drama (animated) Follow Bill as his mind begins to warp and he slips further and further from reality. A somewhat disturbing take on mental health disorders.

notail

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

credibility: multi-award nominations and given.

premise: old man aging backwards

GB

Your Moms Favorite GM
Kennedy Meeks - Gary Trent - Kennedy Meeks
Joseph Uchebo - Gary Trent - Gary Trent
Jose Vargas - Jahad Thomas - Jose Vargas
Xi Di - Aleksa Avramovic - Xi Di
Laszlo Kalman - Facundo Campazzo - Dylan Andrews

IR: John Egbunu - Matteo Panichi - Joel Berry(DLeague)

options
1 Kennedy Meeks
2 Jose Vargas
3 Laszlo Kalman

Focus - Inside
Pace - Very Fast
Trap - Always
Press - Always

yrtb

Wizards
Staff member
The Great Hack. All about Cambridge Analytica, a consulting firm that specializes in influencing mass behavior through psychological operations, and how they illegally accessed personal data through a partnership with Facebook and a data breach. Some of the stuff Cambridge Analytica has gotten away with is terrifying, including influencing and basically deciding elections.

monta8curry

Haven't watched many movies recently, but a couple of the 30 for 30s stood out to me, namely Broke and The U.

Broke talked about why athletes go broke so often (maybe less so now, but in the 90s and 2000s mainly).

The U talked about obviously Miami University football and how they changed the culture and landscape of college football.

Cloud

Staff member
The Great Hack. All about Cambridge Analytica, a consulting firm that specializes in influencing mass behavior through psychological operations, and how they illegally accessed personal data through a partnership with Facebook and a data breach. Some of the stuff Cambridge Analytica has gotten away with is terrifying, including influencing and basically deciding elections.
Yeah I’ve seen it, shit was wild

Status
Not open for further replies.