Sim 2 S&U

FortsonBass

Without question it’s going to be JJ Barea. Can speak multiple languages. Was assistant coach basically all of last season for the Mavs after he got hurt. Super heady player and knows where everyone needs to be all the time. Great manager of personalities and super fiery as well. His NBA coach comp will be Pat Riley.

Reactions: G9.

Cloud

Staff member
I’ve been screaming Rondo for years, I’ve never been more impressed with a players basketball IQ as I was with Rondo when he was on the Bulls.

But since a couple others are already saying that, I’ll throw another name in the ring for consideration and I’ll say that I think Kyle Lowry and Jrue Holiday would make for good coaches as well.

monta8curry

People been saying Rondo, but give me an unathletic white PG (ie Rick Carlisle, Scott Brooks, Steve Kerr), so maybe like Ryan Arcidiacano or TJ McConnell

LukaSZN

I would say Chris Paul, because he's smarter than Rondo, equally an A-Hole but more respected.

Catdude

I think maybe Andre Iguadala. The dude has such a high basketball IQ, knows how to do it all on the court and is a good leader. He’s a guy who knows his role and does it well and I think those types usually translate to good coaches.

Cheddar

I think Vince Carter could make a great coach. He went from an athletic freak of nature to carving out a 20+ year career. You don't make it that long without a great understanding of the game. I also think he came up in a great time where he is relatable to the younger guys who watched him as they grew up, while he still has a grasp on the current layout of the NBA.

Another player I think would make a great coach, though he isn't playing technically, is Chris Bosh. He seemed to have a great grasp on the game and what a team needed to win.

GB

Your Moms Favorite GM
Rondo and Barea are my two favs, not just because I think there smart players but imo seem like guys who will stick around basketball for a long time however they can. CP3 is another good one but I think he might have too much ego for it.

To throw out a different one I’d say Dray could be interesting with the right group I think he’s overrated as hell but I would never take away his obvious basketball IQ. To play with those star players that he did and adapt his whole game to make them be great would be a good trait as a coach recruiting in star players.

The Godfather

Lou Will..LAC... He is the epidomy of never giving up and reinventing your game..can teach young ones a lesson or 2.. And Veterans respect him

hokeyrules

Kyle Lowry I think would make a good coach. Never been the best player, but always one of the hardest working and he can win when he has a team that is capable.

Donkey

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It's clearly Rajon Rondo, he's one of the smartest, if not the smartest guys in the league. He has shown an interest in coaching too. He'll be coaching little Christopher Emmanuel Paul II one day, just watch.

AiRuPtHeRe™

I could see Vince Carter get into coaching pretty soon. Think he has a nice role as a mentor on the Hawks and it could translate into coaching.

cavsfan817

Staff member
I’d go with Rondo. Leader on the court and he always knows how to setup the offense and where everyone needs to be. He also had a brief run as a star, but as been mainly a role player, so he should be able to see both sides of the equation and get his messages across to players regardless of their ability.