Sim 1 (S31)

LukaSZN

Name the five most interesting players still on their rookie deals in the league right now and tell me why for 4M.

monta8curry

Larry bird - best prospect we've got in a while, curious to see how far up he can go.
DJ Burns - shocked he fell to 3, think he can honestly be the best player from this past year's draft
Temple Gibbs - if he tests FA, i'm interested in seeing what kind of bag he gets, chicago might have to max him.
Bernard King - will he ever develop a respectable jumper....him and Bingo Smith look pretty similar so Washington will be in a weird situation with his pending FA
Fatts Russell - really good pick last year, and I think he can be a future all-star, will be fun watchin ghis development.

Last edited:

FortsonBass

Desmond Bane- Maybe the most valuable contract in the league right now for a rookie. He’s probably already a starter level wing, and he makes $10M total over the next 4 years. In spite of his shorter than normal wingspan, 3 and D wings that cheap are hard to come by and Bane is a great one so far.

Trae Young - Hawks are 3-0 right now, and Young is a transcendent offensive talent but one wonders if the Hawks are comfortable giving him a possible Rose rule rookie extension. They pretty obviously will but it will come with high scrutinization. His defensive reputation is very bad, and the Hawks have a bad defensive team. Not exactly a formula for playoff success.

Jaren Jackson Jr. - The idea of JJJ might be better than him as a player. He has issues staying healthy, and the Grizzlies have drafted well so they’ll have to pay a lot of these guys. Like Trae, I don’t see them not paying JJJ but the idea that they wouldn’t is fascinating.

Deandre Ayton - Suns fans currently are divided over him. Half of their fan base wants him traded, and the other half wants to give him a max extension. He is a great defensive player but his offensive game limits the Suns spacing and he seemingly doesn’t want to roll. Not sure if his offensive game can be corrected, but his love of mid-range jumpers over setting picks is interesting to say the least.

Marvin Bagley - The most interesting player on this list. The Kings have to pay him because they fucked up drafting Luka over him but no one has any idea what he is. He is always injured, and even when he plays he is super inconsistent. I truly have no idea what to make of him.

Cloud

Staff member
Larry Bird - Obvious mega star who will end up being the best player in the league for some stretch in the future

Mario Ihring - Looks like a HOF caliber combo guard, 2 way player with elite shooting, strong defense and good playmaking ability

Amit Abo / Fatts Russell - Both like the same guy to me, I’d give Fatts the edge rn cuz he’s younger and seems to have better handles but both on their way to being A- A- A- PGs

Seth Towns - Pretty bad handles but if he can work on that he looks to be a foundational 2-way wing for Charlotte. Will be interesting to see if he can do anything beyond stat pad on egregiously horrible Hornet teams (which may always be the case with Nate at the helm honestly)

DJ Burns - Looks like the next great big after that ridiculous TC. Never ever ever ever ever would’ve happened in Seattle, he would’ve been a massive bust, but A- B- B- at 19 is pretty much unheard of.

FortsonBass

Larry Bird - Destined to be the next RJ Barrett of the league. He’s pretty interesting for obvious reasons. Excited to see how Scott builds around him.

Mark Eaton - He’s already a terrific shot blocker. We’ll see if he uses his pot and elevates to a higher level of his game to become Artis life. He locks down essentially everyone he guards, and he’s a terrific prospect.

Amit Abo - Had a tremendous TC. Looking to be the Tyrese Maxey or Tyron McCoy of the league. If Frank is more active I’m interested to see how he builds around him. He has the potential to be a top guard in the league for sure.

Panic got another stud. He isn’t there yet but after this draft he’s certainly one of the more intriguing players. Ebbs was hyping him up in the chat earlier so I’m intrigued.

Seth Towns - aside from his meme level turnover problems he looks to be a solid player. Nate will probably forget to re-sign him so he’ll end up starring elsewhere but he’s a terrific young talent. Everyone knows SF is one of the weakest positions in the league and he’s already a top one.

Username

the best
1. Larry Bird easily. Think it’s self explanatory he looks like he’s going to be a top 5 players in the league very soon.

2. Amit Abo, he’s developed nicely after this previous TC and he’s gotta still have mid 80s pot at the least. If Frank gets active within the next 2 seasons I think he could build a nice squad.

3. Seth Towns. He looks like he’ll be top 3 sf as long as he doesn’t have a super shitty tc and Nate better not waste him.

4. Temple Gibbs dude already looks good I think he’ll at least do 20/10 in his prime

5. Dj 🥵 18/10 in his first sim, as long as Mavs don’t fuck up the draft he’ll lead them through the playoffs

Username

the best
Larry Bird - Obvious mega star who will end up being the best player in the league for some stretch in the future

Mario Ihring - Looks like a HOF caliber combo guard, 2 way player with elite shooting, strong defense and good playmaking ability

Amit Abo / Fatts Russell - Both like the same guy to me, I’d give Fatts the edge rn cuz he’s younger and seems to have better handles but both on their way to being A- A- A- PGs

Seth Towns - Pretty bad handles but if he can work on that he looks to be a foundational 2-way wing for Charlotte. Will be interesting to see if he can do anything beyond stat pad on egregiously horrible Hornet teams (which may always be the case with Nate at the helm honestly)

DJ Burns - Looks like the next great big after that ridiculous TC. Never ever ever ever ever would’ve happened in Seattle, he would’ve been a massive bust, but A- B- B- at 19 is pretty much unheard of.
damn forgot about ihring

yrtb

Wizards
Staff member
1. Larry Bird - Kind of a no brainer here. Dr. J 2.0 except his prime will probably be even better. Arguably the most valuable asset in the league, Hayes is the only thing comparable for me.

2. DJ Burns - A-/B-/B- at 19 and only after one TC is insane. Still the chance for another boost too. He's legitimately making it hard for the Mavs to tank and should easily win ROTY.

3. Mario Ihring - His TOs are a little high at PG, but he's going to be dope in an outside O with C+ A scoring already at 23. Also a steal machine.

4. Seth Towns - He needs to get the TOs under control, but he's already an elite two way 3 and D wing who can score in buckets.

5. Art Burris - Hardcore homer pick and I have 0 idea if he boosted or not because I'm too lazy to check, but B+ boards at 19 is pretty dope.

Donkey

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
1. D.J. Burns - A- D+ D B- B- A in his rookie year, he has the highest ceiling of anyone on their rookie deals right now. He easily can be the centerpiece for the Mavericks.

2. Larry Bird - I think he's kind of busted actually, it's really a shame his defense only got to B-. His scoring, rebounding and even passing are all amazing. The one thing holding him back is defense and I don't know how much higher his ceiling is.

3. Seth Towns - Given he's a wing, which is a pretty weak position in the league, and he's still got juice left, it's impossible to leave him off this list. He's putting up great scoring numbers on a bad team. I'm not sure he's going to be the main guy on a championship team ever, but he's got plenty of All-Star appearances at least in his future.

4. Mario Ihring - He was careless with the ball his rookie season but the Pistons have really gotten his turnovers under control. He needs to keep improving volume wise to be really impactful though.

5. Amit Abo - He still should have a lot of potential, and he already has amazing ratings. He's probably being a little under utilized right now in Boston, so I wouldn't worry about his lack of production right now. The one thing that might plague him is turnovers.

Greeme

awk i have no idea who these people are
when in doubt copy cloud and edit

Larry Bird - big time name recognition value

Fatts Russell - on his way to being A- A- A- PG with nice handles

al cueto - crazy good blks/stls. sucks i forgot to slg him when he was a rook. great pick by me
DJ Burns - Looks like the next great big after that ridiculous TC although he looks like Ayton lite if anybody remember when i got the first pick and took him.

NCツ

1. D.J. Burns - Happy that G9 looks to have his franchise centerpiece. This dude looks like a STUD

2. Larry Bird - His name value and production make him very interesting value wise. His ratings haven't increased as much as I would have liked to see, but because of his name Scott could easily sell him for more than his actual worth.

3. Mario Ihring - Looks to be a dope combo guard, ideally starts at SG on a contender to keep those TO's in check. Pistons are a problem

4. Bogdan Nedeljkovic - based on what Ebbs said in chat im guessing this guy has 100 pot with B- shooting and B defense. probably ends up coming a much better version of Abud Abud

5. Amit Abo - I don't understand why Jon sold him and got mad that he had a good TC lol

Last edited:

AiRuPtHeRe™

1. Larry Bird - A- B+ scoring. Plus rebounder. Yeah he's not the best defender but there's not many small forwards in the league anyways who serve as a threat.

2. Mario Ihring - He looks gret. Greatscoring, great defender. Love his size at PG.

3. Ludovic Beyhurst - I'm surprised no one is naming him. He's very similar in terms of ratings with Ihring. Ludo is the what, 4thoption on a great Wizards team? Feel like if he was a bigger vocal point he'd be more well known.

4. DJ Burns - very rare to see bigs like that as a rookie. He's going to be a better version of Kourtney. Fuck Kourtney ugh.

5. Seth Towns - Shame that he's got to rot with Nate for the next 3 years. Hope he hits FA and bolts. He's a nice looking wing that will fall behind Bird for many many years.

BradS4President

Magicians
1 Larry Bird - One of the best players in the league. Going to be a stud for the next 10 years
2 DJ Burns - Young guy at 19, and is already in elite inside scorer. When he develops as a defender/rebounder he will be one of th ebest bigs in the league.
3 Mario Ihring - Scoring average would be higher if he wasn't playing with Melo Tremble
4 Seth Towns - Him and Bird are the best young wings in the league. Towns still looks like he has a good amount of Pot. Have to see if he can improve as a ball handler.
5 Mark Eaton - Great shot blocker and solid rebounder. Plays a great role at the center position.

cavsfan817

Staff member
1. Larry Bird — The next league GOAT. Looks absolutely insane and should be extremely easy to build around as the centerpiece of the team.

2. DJ Burns — Absolutely loaded big with unreal potential to still get better. One of the best building blocks we’ve seen in this iteration, let alone currently.

3. Amit Abo — Finally putting it all together and looks like he’s on his way to becoming one of the next stud PGs in the league. Very nice to see that he isn’t going to be a bust and has a home in Boston.

4. Mark Eaton — Should be a perennial DPOY candidate for years to come. Shot blocking is king for bigs and he is unreal on the defensive end.

5. Ludovic Beyhurst — Looks like the next truly great pure PG. Washington is loaded with young talent and he’s buried a little bit on their team in the pecking order. Unsure of what he is still working with on potential but he looks primed to explode

notail

Larry Bird - already a star but future superstar in the making
Temple Gibbs - already an all around PG who will develop into a guard who can score, defend, rebound and pass
Raiquan Gray - SFs are rare to come across and he looks like a star in the making with B-B-A- as a sophomore
Ludovic: his ratings alone stand out already as a 3rd year player. I can see him being like Lucio
Mark Eaton: efficient big who will be a leading shot blocker

mngopher35

1. Larry Bird - Best prospect we have seen in a while, looks like a legit stud

2. Mario Ihring - Looks great ratings wise just needs to grow into it a little and up that volume some

3. Ludovic Beyhurt - My biggest regret from my tank is not taking him (not instead of Mario but with him), he has developed nicely

4. Mark Eaton - I really liked him on draft day and he has impressed with his shot blocking already

5. DJ Burns - Looks very nice for the Mavs and after only one TC, if he takes another jump watch out

hokeyrules

Larry bird - Name value alone want to see how he becomes
DJ Burns - Likely the best player from Draft last year
Amit Abo - because Jon traded him, and he has a great name
Maciej Leszczynski - Just a random player no one had eyes on and he has developed nicely. Of course want to see if he actually becomes something as well.
Fatts Russell - Of course he is my player

Scott

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Larry Bird - Enough said. I don’t think his defense is as bad as people may think. Low steals/blocks but he makes up for it elsewhere.

DJ Burns - looks like an absolute stud in the making

Mario Ihring - think he’d get more recognition if he wasn’t playing next to Trimble

Amit Abo - will be a stud PG

Marc Eaton - still love him. Great defender that already had a place as a starter on majority of teams.

Xxplayerxx23

Larry bird. Amazing player already carrying that nets team
DJ burns looks like a star, can’t imagine him not getting even better
Abo still amazing potential big tc, should be a star rip Jon
Mark Eaton love those type of bigs. He should be dpoy a bunch of times
Ludovic Beyhurst awesome player, should have a good amount of potential one tc away from being as good as anyone

Panic!

1. Larry Bird - Duh
2. Mark Eaton - Defense
3. Raiquan Gray - I drafted him
4. Bogdan Nedeljkovic - I drafted him too
5. Ludovic Beyhurst - Can shoot