Sim 1 (S2)

Donkey

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
For $3.0M, who are 5 players you are looking forward to seeing come through this iteration and why?

Panic!

1. Yao Ming - tall. Can be grown to 7'7
2. Andrei Kirilenko - No clear weakness.
3. Gilbert Arenas - volume
4. Chris Paul - goat potential. FBB loves PGs who can pass and shoot
5. Sasha Vujacic - the machine

mngopher35

I was pretty pumped for Kobe Duncan Shaq and KG but I will choose upcoming guys...

1. Tmac - I really liked him as a player growing up, probably the only way I move Kobe or Pierce most likely is if I landed him just given how much I liked him
2. Lebron - GOAT level talent, wanna see what that career looks like in FBB
3. Greg Oden - Always wondered what could have been with him
4. Brandon Roy - Kinda like the above but just a career cut short
5. Anthony Edwards - I already love this guy

notail

1. AK47 - Love defensive players
2. TMac - one of the prolific scoring wings of our time
3. Agent 0 - perfect FBB PG
4. Kwame Brown - hopefully he comes in with high potential and become a goat in the league
5. Greg Oden - again, similar to Kwame but better floor

The Godfather

Arenas - always a gamble on greatness or sorrow
Yao- seen him dominate 28/12 guy and failed 15/9 not always a sure thing
Greg Ofen always top 5 never seen him be anything
AK47 love d at the 3 and I seen him be all around great on a few occasions
TMAC looks like Tarzan most of the time plays like Jane

Foreman

Yao - I like tall centers and he should have a solid offensive game.
T-Mac - One of my favorite players of that era, it'll be interesting to see if he can replicate it in this league.
Brandon Roy - No more "what if"
Kevin Durant - Rookie KD is going to be an insane scorer and can instantly help a team turn a corner.
Dwight Howard - Don't think we've ever had a dominant Dwight. If he came in strong enough, he could grow to Shaq levels or beyond.

Scott

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Nikola Jokic - versatile big man that can do anything
AK47 - love versatility so another Swiss Army knife type player
Yao Ming - loved him as a player without having as many injury risks here I’m very curious to see how he ends up over the course of a season.
KD - one of the best scorers ever
CP3 - gotta agree with panic, he’s the ideal FBB PG and should be a stud.

FortsonBass

1. Chris Paul - perfect FBB pg, will be even nastier with height/weight
2. Gilbert Arenas - ultimate outside cheese PG
3. Carmelo Anthony - will be an automatic bucket coming out of HS or college
4. Stephen Curry - like Arenas, outside cheese PG
5. Kawhi Leonard - gonna be dope with his two-way ability

NCツ

Looking forward to all the could have been guys:

1. Greg Oden - obvious choice here
2. Sean May - dope in college, got fat in the nba and injured. Wonder what he could have done without injuries and weight problems
3. Tyler Hansbrough - insane college numbers at UNC, flopped in the NBA
4. Adam Morrison - Awesome at Gonzaga, awful for the Bobcats
5. OJ Mayo - BSL doesn't have mandatory drug testing :)

Cloud

Staff member
Kawhi Leonard - The actual GOAT and my favorite player ever
T-Mac - Had his shoes as a young hooper, super talented scorer, very cool player
Gilbert Arenas - The original Dame, an absolute savage crazy person, was always in his bag
KD - One of my favorites next to Kawhi, Bro is hilarious and probably the best pure scorer ever, had his first pair of signature shoes with the Sonics
Carmelo - My dude, another all-time bucket, it was him early on in Denver that made me fall in love with basketball, him on the NBA Live cover was where it started. Also had his Melo 1.5’s, first basketball shoes I ever had, loved them, wore them to death.
Amare - STAT = Standing Tall And Talented, horrible nickname but he was super dope. Saw him and Marion in PHX play against KG and the Wolves in Amare’s rookie year before they got Nash and you just knew he was going to be a problem. He could be the best PF in the sim league, his game is made super well for this
Corey Maggette - I was a huge Clippers fan in the Maggette and Brand era when I lived in Southern California. Used to watch them on local TV, went to a couple games, actually got to see Caron, Gilbert and Jamison take on Brand and Maggette and Cuttino in person, was a really good game. Maggs was a Chicago guy though and he was jacked as fuck, always used him in 2K, and always felt he was super underrated because he played for an awful team that would win like 25 games every year. He was a good scorer though.

LukaSZN

McGrady - One of my all-time favs.
Dirk - my all-time fav.
Agent 0 - the most electric go time player pre-Steph
Richard Hamilton - one of the most cherished near stars ever
Stephen Jackson - Wjo believes he should’ve been a multi-time All-Star lmao

G9.

Pistons GM
really interested in seeing guys like Jokic and Giannis come through. Feel like there should be a decent chance they absolutely bust but I’m still doing everything I can to finally have Gi on my team. bonus points if I can make him a buck for life. Even if he’s doggy doodoo.

I also want to see some other bucks “legends” (lol) like bogut, redd, Brandon Jennings, etc.

Other than that homerism I am hype for Seth Curry. steph too I guess.

cavsfan817

Staff member
In no particular order:

Steph Curry -- It's going to be amazing to see if he can be created properly. He should be able to break the game, but it'll be really tough to get his shooting/quickness correct as a rookie to ensure that he hits all-time potential and doesn't bust. Donkey will be in for a challenge because he doesn't really have a good handle, but he will almost assuredly have to have one on the file to have his scoring be where it should be -- which will likely lead to lower TOs for him as he progresses, which isn't the most accurate representation. Fascinating to think about really with what the give and take will be with him. Much easier to create him in real life because you can make him all world from the jump and not have to worry about his development/progression.

LeBron -- Duh. The greatest player of all time. The guy who can literally do everything at an amazing level. We know he's going to be a physical force. We know he is going to be the best two-way player in the league. How will his handles be? He's going to be capped at SF, sure, but will his TOs be upwards of 4 due to his high passing rating? Will Donkey give him a proper shooting base so that he can hit the 40% clip from deep down the line that he has developed in real life? He should honestly be the best rookie we've ever seen, but time will tell.

Gilbert Arenas -- Maybe not the most dominant player to look forward to, but certainly one of the most fun. He's going to be ppg leader probably for his entire career. Always wanted to have The Hibachi in a sim league and just have him letting it fucking fly with a defensive team built around him.

Tracy McGrady -- It'll be interesting to see how he comes in. Almost certainly he will be made as a SF so that he can't cheese at PG, even though he was a primary ballhandler for the majority of his career. An otherworldly talent and he's always so much fun in sim leagues. My biggest question will be how good his shooting and handling will be. We know he's going to be sick athletically.

Zion -- Now that Zion has been given the keys as the PG for the Pelicans in real life and is Young-LeBron-lite in terms of playstyle, what will his handling be? I feel like he was much easier to make in years past, but seeing him in a new skin so to speak will be a welcomed change. He's also usually made as a really good defender, which he definitely isn't, and a lot of that would be contributions from strength in my opinion (which are necessary for his offensive game, but really inflate his defensive game) so that balance will be touchy.

the_jon

Cuttino Mobley - Hes usually a good fbb guy and the type I like to draft. Good balance of athleticism and skill

Gilbert Arenas - I once saw him turn into a god in an fbb league. Also hes one of my favorite players.

LeBron James - Will be interesting to see how good hes made and if he will bust.

Jose Calderon - My favorite Raptor. No reason other than hes my guy.

DJ Mbenga - TACO

Catdude

Steph Curry - he's always a monster in FBB
Lebron - Probably gonna be one of the most dominant guys in this league
Kawhi - Dope wings are hard to come by and he's one of the best
Paul George - Another dope wing that will prob look great in FBB
Kevin Durant - See above.

Xxplayerxx23

Tmac - Coming soon my favorite all time player
Dirk- Should be an animal offensively super excited to see how he’s built
Lebron- should be dominate as anyone
Steph curry always a fun and interesting FBB build
Amare- always interested to see how he’s built he’s super tough to get to the point where he’s playable

BeatsHaveADream

Indiana Pacers GM
Yao Ming. Tall guys are always a fun player in BSL
TMac. Should be a balllller
Lebron. Will he be too good?
Steph. Pry will also be OP
Danny Granger. Make Pacers Great Again

yrtb

Wizards
Staff member
Steph Curry - He's going to be so OP outside it'll be amazing
Chris Paul - He's going to be another dope outside PG
Brandon Roy - Huge what if, I'd love to see him be good
Nicola Jokic - I joined last league too late to see him so I've never been in a BSL league with him. Would be an interesting build for a big
Carmelo Anthony - Stay me7o

AiRuPtHeRe™

1. Yao Ming - Been a long time since I've seen him in any leagues. Love me a tall big man to run an inside offense in.
2. Rajon Rondo - Always saw him at tail end of his career in leagues, will be interesting to see how Donkey builds him.
3. Derrick Rose - Dude is going to come into the league so OP. Athletics will be off the charts.
4. TMac - Should be a dynamic scorer along the tiers of Kobe/VC.
5. Brandon Roy - One of my favorites who didn't get enough love during his years when he played. Slick scorer.