Preseason

LukaSZN

For 1M, tell me the most overrated player in the league and why.

For 1M, tell me the most underrated player in the league and why.

*YOU CANNOT PICK A PLAYER ON YOUR OWN TEAM.*

G9.

Pistons GM
Overrated:

Dwight Howard. Hasn't won anything other than individual accolades. Jump shot barely in the 60s. He's holding Kobe back. The big man version of AI.

Underrated:

Al Horford. We memed him into the ground all while he was becoming a top2 big man in the league. Few players I would choose to build around over Horf. Can’t believe he moved so cheap.

SoftLettuce

Overrated:

Rudy Fernandez. This is mostly based on his salary, and his contract is expiring so I'm probs wrong anyway, but he was making a ton of money to only average 20 PPG once in his career.

Underrated:

James Johnson. I literally do not care and I stand by this 100% and am ready to accept any and all slander thank you. Man was real good for me in Detroit for a couple seasons and no I don't care about his contract even though I cited contracts for Rudy. 15&9 on 11mil is different than 13&4 on 17 or 18 mil a year. Sue me. Don't forget about JJ's 28&12 season!!! I won't!

notail

Underrated: Yao Ming. He has been moving around looked like he plateaued, but looks like he found his inside offense team. 20+/10+ with blocks and efficiency. I value his efficiency greatly

Overrated:
Tony Allen. for someone who was possibly in talks for MVP, it's mostly for him putting up those stats as a PG. when he's off that position, he is a good starter, but certainly not an MVP level player

Hooper

Overrated: Chris Paul. Not even remotely close, really. 4 straight MVPs giving you less than 20 ppg. This isn't real life where you can be some floor general like Steve Nash and elevate your team. It's a sim. And scoring is king

Underrated: Carmelo Anthony. The best player in the league right now and when we did the last rankings, he was barely a top 20 guy

The Godfather

Over-rated Goran Dragic ... dude has good ratings but has done nothing and now he is on a MAX MAXed deal ...absolutely over rated...

Under-rated Kendrick Perkins - not flashy not really given enough of a chance...BUT he is a very solid player and could easily be 6moty if given minutes...

Panic!

Overrated - Beno Udrih - his turnovers are killer.

Underrated - Kevin Durant - He's a decent third option in a championship team. People are talking like he's trash.

GB

Your Moms Favorite GM
Overrated - Tony Allen, great defender and very good player, but offensively his numbers are mostly pg cheese

underrated - Yao. Somehow still slept on. Older now so value isn’t the same of course but he’s been so good for so long and under appreciated big time

Eberlicious

Overrated:
Deron Williams. He’s Mike Conley with name value.

Underated:
Delonte? I mean no one talks about him but he is arguably a top 5 PG in the league

Xxplayerxx23

Overrated Kobe. Great player but I don’t view him as a top 3 player and he’s been a little disappointing of late

underrated
I agree with Notail. Yao is a monster. Really underrated, wanted him for years but the salary was always tough to get too.

Cloud

Staff member
Underrated:

Eddy Curry, I think he’s a borderline elite caliber big who just isn’t being used to his fullest potential

Overrated:

Kobe Bryant, he’s only won 1 title while always being viewed as a top player in the league. He’s gotten cooked so many times in the box scores if you really look, I think he’s a lot of fluff that looks great on paper but doesn’t really translate to winning as much as you’d think a guy like him would

yrtb

Wizards
Staff member
Underrated:

Emeka Okafor, 16/10 w/ 3+ blocks a game is nothing to scoff at. Could be better on the boards, but he's one of the best defensive bigs in the game

HM to Delonte West

Overrated:

JR Smith, he looked elite for a bit but not just looks like your average 3&D guard

LukaSZN

Underrated:

Rudy Fernandez, hooper memes aside, he'd really help a lot of teams. He'd be elite in the Korver super sixth role and is strong starting 2, he's just overpaid for what he is.

Overrated:

Am I crazy for thinking Dwight? Just feel like Houston with both Panda/Swope have done less than I imagined they would.

NCツ

Underrated: Ricky Rubio, really developing into a top 10 PG. isn,t there yet.... but close

Overrated: Beno. Turns it over too much

CLB3

Overrated: Beno Udrih: 4 topg at SG is just about unplayable

Underated: Yao Ming: One of the top Big men even if his letter grades don't reflect that. Height and Weight just ridiculous.

Username

the best
Overrated Tony Allen

Dude is kinda mid but he gets a lot of hype cause of his defense which is actually good.

underrated Al Horford

Gonna go w my cousin on this, we memed him to the ground because of the ebbs cousins but he’s a top 5 big and very ideal to build a front court around. I’d still take Lopez and DH12 over him, but I do love him 😂

brooks

Thunder
1. Everyone saying overrated for Beno is a moron.

Overrated - Dwight. Track record indicates that he doesn’t provide as much value as you’d guess. He’s great, but not the best player in the league type.

underrated - fuck it, Beno. He’s a top 10 scorer in the league that produces top 10 steals as well. People are caught up on the turnovers. It’s literally ONE possession more than most in ~40 minutes of time per game.

Hooper

Underrated:

Rudy Fernandez, hooper memes aside, he'd really help a lot of teams. He'd be elite in the Korver super sixth role and is strong starting 2, he's just overpaid for what he is.

Overrated:

Am I crazy for thinking Dwight? Just feel like Houston with both Panda/Swope have done less than I imagined they would.
That’s right