Preseason (S7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donkey

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
For $1.5M, which NBA team in real life has had the worst off-season so far and why?

Panic!

Sixers had the opportunity to improve but they are overvaluing Simmons. Now Simmons hates them. They have no leverage. It's looling like the end of the process unless they get McCollum or DSlow.

I want to say the Celtics and Mavs but they can still get Schroder to save their offseason.

monta8curry

Blazers lol. Dame made it clear they needa make some moves and they made just about 0.

notail

Sixers. They haven't really made any moves even though this is their window to compete now. Simmons is a huge trade asset given his point forward nature, but they can't expect 3+ picks for him as they did with Spurs. They should trade Simmons for a more shoot first guard to put next to Embiid. Looks like the process is about to end given Simmons want none of 76ers and Embiid and Harris are the sole bright players on the team.

Xxplayerxx23

Celtics- have two stars (1s a superstar ) and they didn’t look to improve their team. They did get rid of Kemba contact but they lost Fournier/Kemba and only really added kanter and Horford. Don’t love what they did. Other east teams got better they got worse imo

panda

Buy a ticket, take the ride
Pels if only because they've attempted some moves but the heat is on and it wasn't enough to make a meaningful push this year with Zion and he is going to force a trade

G9.

Pistons GM
Sixers or Celtics. The East is "wide open," as we saw last playoffs. If Brooklyn gets an injury or two again (they likely will), the road to the finals is not all that tough. You would think Boston especially would be able to convince someone to come help the beast that is Tatum, but instead they just let pieces leave instead.

Cloud

Staff member
I honestly think it’s the Lakers. Trading away KCP and Kuzma, who are reliable perimeter threats, (and KCP a quality defender) for Russ, who makes you a significantly worse team from downtown, and a much worse team defensively, just felt like a horrible move. Then they brought in guys like Wayne Ellington, Malik Monk, Kendrick Nunn and some dinosaurs like Carmelo Anthony, Trevor Ariza and Dwight Howard to surround the rest of the squad. Then you factor in the boneheaded decision to pay THT over Caruso who was in the 99% tile in terms of guard defenders last season, the off-season gets even worse. I don’t think the pieces fit at all, and I think the egos are going to be massive.

NCツ

Dallas Mavericks

Did absolutely nothing to help out Luka, feel bad for 99.99999% of their fan base

AiRuPtHeRe™

I don't love what the Spurs did. Brought in Dougie McDermott and Zach Collins with their cap space. Failed to use their cap or get something better out of Derozan. Didn't love their draft when they took PRIMOOO

mngopher35

I think Spurs and mavs are pretty good answers.

I will focus on twolves instead, we had no picks and added no free agents. Rubio for prince and a 2nd is only real move made so far for a losing team.

Curry

Administrator
Administrator
I think it's Boston.

Cleared a ton of cap for next season but didn't really do anything. Play in roster got worse and have a brand new coach where there will be some learning curve while the rest of the East genuinely got better.

Donkey

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The Spurs because DeRozan walked and then they overpaid shitty McDermott and Collins, don't understand what they're doing.

BradS4President

Magicians
Not a fan of the Lakers off-season. I really dont think they improved much at all. If anything, it felt like they got worse. Im really not sure about the spacing for this team, unless James and Westbrook both start hitting a high percentage of their threes. Maybe Melo, Ariza, and Nunn can provide good spacing, but how reliable can they be. The Big Three have all had their injury issues and they have zero depth up front. Feels like another first round exit.

GB

Your Moms Favorite GM
Lakers cashed in what they had left for Russ who’s not a winning player imo and not a good fit on that roster at all

didn’t love Celtics offseason but big picture I get it. Just wish they did more to add around the edges and try and appear to be competitive at least

Status
Not open for further replies.