Preseason (S3)

Nate

Staff member
What are your teams biggest strength(s) and biggest weakness(es) heading into the season and why?

$3 Mill

leflop

strengths: solid defensively, good point of attack defense
weaknesses: offense and rebounding seem to be lacking, especially shooting

GB

Your Moms Favorite GM
our strength is really how well rounded we are both offensively and defensively. Our biggest negative is our turnovers for sure.

Cloud

Staff member
I think overall team defense particularly on the perimeter since Jimmy’s retirement as well as rebounding in the post following Love’s retirement is where we’re hurting the most right now. We’ve got a good blend of young talent on the rise and established veterans but it’s impossible to replace an all league 1st team SF the same offseason as well as a 6MOTY (Love)

Snypes89

Strength: Good core offensively with Giannis,OG, and Brunson. Once the trade is complete to get PG I think it’s a great starting five. Love Tyler Burton all around and Jeremy Longino looks promising as well.

Weakness- could be better with rebounding differential and definitely turnovers

Foreman

Strength:
Have some decent youth pieces that should help be building blocks

Weakness:
Don't have any big depth or a true PG

Donkey

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Our biggest strength is shot blocking right now, we led the league in preseason. We're second in the league in steals as well. So defensively we're sound.

Our biggest weakness is shooting efficiency. In both three point and free throw shooting, we are in the bottom half of the league. We'll need to clean that up or switch up the gameplan.

BradS4President

Magicians
Our shooting efficiency was one of the worst in the league. I hope that changes in the regular season. May be more beneficial for us to go with a more balanced look

Rebounding and taking care of the ball are two areas that we are very sound. Also top 5 in steals and blocks, so it seems we will be a very good defensive unit.

Just Swaggy

Our offense is the best in the league according to PPG

Our defense and turnovers are not that great plus were old. Last year to get a ring.

yrtb

Wizards
Staff member
Strength: We have good shooters, and we play good defense. Best point diffy, 2nd best rebound diff, best EFG diff are all good signs

Weaknesses: We have 0 depth. One injury is all it would take to dismantle this team

Mzylinski

Strength: Great scorers, know what winning tastes like.

Weakness: Not enough defense, not enough rebounding, Championship hangover

SoftLettuce

Biggest strength: Wings. Gordon and Barrett have been a pretty good duo. Only strength I have probably.

Biggest Weakness: Turnovers. Garland is probably my biggest issue with his TOs and how much his contract is costing me.

Username

the best
Weakness: very bad ball movement, very killer for the offense

Strength: Anthony Davis, probably the only positive on this team at this point lmaooo

notail

Strengths: the front court in Edey, Ernest and Pascal on the front court is very solid base.
Weakness: backcourt. we are lacking any starting calibre players there and depth

AiRuPtHeRe™

Strength - We don't allow our opponents to score at a high percentage clip. #1 in 3pt, #2 in FG%.
Weakness - Lack of offense. I also didn't post a DC so not really sure what guys are capable of as top options atm.

cavsfan817

Staff member
Our biggest weakness continues to be that we just cannot shoot. We spread the ball around extremely well and have low team turnovers, but we just leave so many points on the board with empty possessions. Slower pace seemed to help, but it might be a product of just how the initial file turned out.

Our biggest strength is in taking care of the ball and forcing turnovers. Our defense is really solid and we do a good job of limiting the opponent in most areas. We just seem to get bogged down in the mud with lesser talented teams too often and I think it’s because of the shooting variance

brooks

Thunder
Strengths: we rebound really well considering the lack of elite rebounders in the posts. We SHOULD be able to win most scoring matchups, but damn, pre blew that up. Clearly need to kill the tempo.

Weakness: defense is mid. Really lack a facilitator and that will probably hurt a lot. Don’t love the build, love the pieces.

Nate

Staff member
Strength: Our front court for sure. Have a very good rebounder and defender in Capela and a very good scoring big in Holmgren. Even Looney is a decent backup.

Weakens: Scoring. Definingly need an upgrade at point guard and another scorer to go with Brogdon.

mngopher35

Our biggest strength is that we have consistently had a good defense with JJJ (especially in terms of opponents FG%) and Zion and Maxey can largely run the offense.

Our biggest weakness is probably rebounding and my other starters. The cap makes it so hard to add another piece but it feels like if we had one solid wing added on we would be set. The wings in general are the weak spot for this team.