Preseason (S2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate

Staff member
With a full season behind us and our first TC, grade your start-up draft.

$3 Million

Cloud

Staff member
Hard to give it less than an A-

Nobody’s won more games than us, we were the best team by a good margin last year and seem to be headed that way again by the metrics, didn’t break our way but the team is really good for a win now team

Am I envious to see some of the young sexy players and think man I wish I was sitting with that? Yes, but couldn’t have done much better to try and go win

yrtb

Wizards
Staff member
B. Really like the value I got on a lot of my picks, but my team hasn't been a true contender like I was hoping to be after the Jusuf acquisition. Not drafting an elite PG limited the ceiling of my team.

BradS4President

Magicians
B - I think getting Kyrie at the end of the first round and Tobias at the beginning of the 4th round has really been good for us being our top two scorers.
Using Murray and Stewart to land Draymond Green and Torrey Craig really helped round out our team. I think our most underrated pick was Jon Konchar. He is on a very good contract for the next three seasons and is going to be a key contributor in the backcourt with Irving and White

Username

the best
we made a lot of trades after the fact, so ill give us a B for our draft. Don’t think our drafted team was that great but it was a top team still

mngopher35

A-

I feel like the draft part went really well for me. Zion dropping and getting maxey was a great start and adams 3rd too was nice. Solid role players the rest of the way. Tc really hurt though with Zion and maxey going down along with JJJ who I traded for. Really killed the excitement I had for the team.

Foreman

C+.

Lack of big men and not getting a true superstar with an early pick is holding me back. Thought Tatum looked solid in the test sims and would have Celtics bias, but he's just not producing the same. Beal is a bright spot but outside of him, no one else is really exceeding.

GB

Your Moms Favorite GM
B-. Honestly think anything after like the midpoint of the first was tough because you weren’t going to get that true future building block. I think we did ok accruing some value tho

cavsfan817

Staff member
Sort of wish I would've just went for the lolz and drafted the entire Cavs roster with each pick, but overall I'm happy with what I have. I'd probably give it a B+. I set myself up with a good mix of young guys (Hali, Mikal, Poeltl), established guys (Klay, Horford -- RIP), and was able to position with cap flexibility to make moves to bring in some good role/depth/youth with trades in Sharpe, Len, etc. while not having to go all-in. Should keep me pretty competitive each season and gives me a lot of shots at the apple.

Donkey

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Unfortunately it's going to be a C- for us, on paper we looked like a super promising team. That just didn't end up resulting in wins because the guys don't mesh that well together. And while my team is young, we have massive contracts.

notail

Starting draft team a B- or so but we were able to tank and with the addition of Edey, think we have a slightly higher grade around B. Edey is the bright spot along with the other players. Still like my team, but need a TC or two improvement from Scoot or get a PG to really be competitive

Nate

Staff member
C+
I think my first three picks in Chet, WCJ and Scottie are strong. Kind of fumbled the back after that.

AiRuPtHeRe™

C+

LaMelo had a positive TC and looks a lot better. Ayton is Ayton. Jalen is a better scorer than I anticipated. Some other guys that I took a shot on didn’t pan out as good as I would have liked.

BeatsHaveADream

Indiana Pacers GM
A- I know everyone complained about me picking miller but I turned him into Donovan Mitchell who is a top talent in the league so suck it player

Status
Not open for further replies.