Preseason Cash (S11)

Eberlicious

For 3M

Tell us which team you think is most likely to break out this season, and which team is going to underperform compared to last season.

Kings

Ty
The Wizards are breaking out this year. They are better this year and can take down R.J Barrett. Kings are going to underperform compared to last year without Nikola Jokic

Catdude

Knicks gonna underperform compared to last season. They lost Nurk, KAT, Lauri, and Cam.

I think it could be the Wizard's year. I think they'll at least do better than a 2nd round knockout. I think they'll be the top team in the east.

The Godfather

Not to be a Homer but NOP broke out last season winning 50... and we are younger and deeper and better than we were last season I expect this team to win 55-60 games this season.

I think NY Knicks and Suns will have a down year compare to last year. Both teams either thru FA or Retirements lost some good/great pieces

Mentch

If breakout team counts as playoff team, then I think we should at least make it this year after the additions of booker and tillman

I expect the Knicks to take a step back without KAT, but this just means they’ll be a 50 win team instead

Eberlicious

We the Knicks have decided to go in another direction, we will be taking a step back.

The Jazz I think are a dark horse team to really step up an extra tier. Worthy de Jong is legit.

monta8curry

Knicks will underperform, don't have the firepower that they had last year.

Minnesota a darkhorse with the addition of Morant, and improvements of Minor/Glenn.

Cloud

Staff member
I would say as far as a regression candidate the Nets are definitely goin to be taking a step back after trading Zion away for younger pieces. The Knicks are the popular pick as they won a title and traded a top 5 player but they still got pretty good pieces in return, I don’t think they’re gonna fall off as hard as people seem to be thinking.

As far as improvements go.... I mean orlando was the #6 pick in the draft but after adding Mays, Makhi, Haliburton etc they should be a bit of a surprise team relatively speaking. Very low TO team with a star studded backcourt and everybody on the team can shoot so they’re kind of a sneaky pick. Lakers look much improved as well.

Greeme

nuggs will take a step back. doesn't even look like greeme is trying to get under the hc lol. unless i'm misreading the rules nuggs will only lose 2 players and a draft pick which is swapped with donks so it should be late
Non-Tanking Teams:
1st Offense = 1 Player on IR
2nd Offense = 2 Players on IR
3rd Offense = Loss of Draft Pick
improved team - spurs look a lot better, they still suck but a lot less

AiRuPtHeRe™

Breakout:
I’ll go with the Orlando Magic. Having an active GM, signing Skylar Mays will help them a lot. Think the backcourt of Nash/Mays will put up points.

Stepback:
New York Knicks. They were a top what 3 team last year who won the championship. No Maxey, KaT and Reddish will hurt.

GB

Your Moms Favorite GM
Magic will easily be most improved team with a new gm that’s actually active assuming he doesn’t decide to sell off at some point

Nets probably the team to fall off. They were already kind of on the outside looking in as far as a top seed goes and they look like they took a step back moving on from Zion.

panda

Buy a ticket, take the ride
I will reiterate that having an active GM can do instant wonders for a team and the Magic will prob see that benefit

Bucks are going to underperform severely albeit on purpose

BeatsHaveADream

Indiana Pacers GM
Cloud running the magic now maybe they can finally make it out of the first round of playoffs

Think pacers will surprise people. Ive been experimenting with lineups last couple of season. Have a good idea what to use this season

the_jon

Think the magic will break out for sure. Nash + May's is an insane backcourt. Could see the spurs doing something unless we trade off and continue the tank. Nets and Knicks are both likely to take a step back. More so the nets but Knicks subtracting maxey,reddish and kat is tough.

Emac

The Blazers will underperform from last season. Still not really sure how they made the playoffs last season and Portland lost arguably their best player in Zane Hicke.

The Magic will be better if for no other reason cloud has taken over. Plus Mays and Nash looks like a nice backcourt.

NCツ

Everyone is saying Magic, so i'm gonna pull a Henny and go with myself: the Hawks. We have seen a steady growth in wins over the past 3 seasons (2025: 37 - 2026: 39 - 2027: 44 ) as I allowed this young core to develop while also improving a piece or 2 each season. Last year we improved our frontcourt defense a ton by adding Bol Bol, this year we improved our frontcourt depth adding Naz Reid and Miles Bridges. If the steady growth continues we are due for a 50 win season, but 46-49 is probably more realistic with how deep the East is competitively.

Pelicans over achieved last season, I expect them to fall back down to earth. Might still make the post season but definitely won't be a 50+ win team

G9.

Pistons GM
minnesota about to pop off and win 45

mavs gonna win even less than they did last year

Scott

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Nets taking a step back more so than the Knicks is quite funny. Knicks lost maxey/reddish/and KAT which will certainly be hard to overcome. Nets lost Zion but got an improved Bojan, Walden/Walker who aren’t slouches and actually give us depth if an injury happens, and a big time improvement with Dmytro.

Magic will be the most improved. Just setting a DC alone with Nash helps but Mays will make them solid. Not great but solid

Panic!

Breakout year for Pistons. I see a 5 win increase.

Knicks lost a lot. They will lose more.