PRE S24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panic!

Most misused player is Wesley Matthews. His ratings are for a star but we all know he turns the ball over too much. He should be a non-option on a team so that he won't turn the ball over too much and watch him be valuable especially on defense.

CLB3

The most misused player of the league, since I've joined is definitely Kyle Lowry. He seems to always find his way to a team with one of the best PG's in the league. If he was was truly ever given a chance to start, he'd have scored 20+ppg every year, and would've been considered a fringe star. There's still time to see it.

Cloud

Staff member
Thomas Klepeisz is who comes to mind for me. Elite defender and shooter who takes care of the ball pretty well, should be leading a team but instead keeps finding himself in these scenarios where he’s the backup in Philly and Toronto. The one time he got the keys to a starting job his team went to the finals, obviously other factors were in play but he was sensational during that run.

Xxplayerxx23

Most misused player is Wesley Matthews. His ratings are for a star but we all know he turns the ball over too much. He should be a non-option on a team so that he won't turn the ball over too much and watch him be valuable especially on defense.
Incorrect. He’s been a non option. He’s pure trash

Xxplayerxx23

Gordon Hayward to me. His stats didnt seem to match his ratings with the grizz, he’s got more volume not sure if he needs to be moved to SG to unleash a little but that’s what I’d try.

SoftLettuce

Misused might not be the right word to describe this, but Kemba being on a dead team in Memphis is sad. He carried to a title but just never got built around. Truly a shame! Kemba would be loved and welcomed in Detroit!

Another answer could be Evan Turner. He got unleashed in Boston and helped take them to a title. Was good before that but he was at his best in Boston.

Xxplayerxx23

Misused might not be the right word to describe this, but Kemba being on a dead team in Memphis is sad. He carried to a title but just never got built around. Truly a shame! Kemba would be loved and welcomed in Detroit!

Another answer could be Evan Turner. He got unleashed in Boston and helped take them to a title. Was good before that but he was at his best in Boston.
That’s not the question lol I’ll give you the like for the ET part I guess

hokeyrules

Lebron James

No one has been able to use him in a fashion to lead to a championship. Sure it is not like real life, but he has been on some good teams but no one can piece it together with him. Suggests he has been misused

Swope

Staff member
I was also thinking Klep for this as Cloud mentioned. I don’t have the longest of tenures here so I’m picking from a more limited crop but I was very perplexed by the career of Thomas Klepeisz.

After the GM change in Philly right before playoffs, Klep was pushed into the starters role and flourished, essentially carrying that bum ass LeBron to the Finals. Letting him walk was a wild move IMO, especially considering the lack of picks that Philly owned.

After signing with Bullets, Josh was able to get assets by sending him to Toronto but has never been given a real shot there. He also was just used as a multi-year cutback just to come sit the bench again in Toronto.

I’m glad he’ll be hitting FA with no birds. Hopefully he can find a new home (Houston?) next offseason and flourish without wasting anymore time.

Honorable mention - Kawhi Leonard if he can actually produce like that at PF. And Talor Battle because he’s usually lined up in the backcourt next to a slightly superior point guard.

Hooper

Think I might go with Mikal Bridges. I'm quietly really high on #2BoostWigs and #Himothy (aka Mikal), but they both want to play the same position (SG) and they both end up losing a bit of volume and value having to play SF. Wiggins has D+ rebounding and played SG in pre and I think Bridges suffered. It's not a situation with an easy and obvious solution. But I get why Curry would float those guys as available via trade because both are pretty sweet and should be able to easily get a return that fits better with the rest of his core

yrtb

Wizards
Staff member
Maybe he's unplayable everywhere, but I think a case could be made for John Wall. His TOs are a probably at all positions, but given that he puts up decent percentages and is an elite defender at the 1 or 2, I think there's a strong case that he should always be playing PG or PG/SG/SF supersub to reduce his turnovers.

Scott

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Klep is the biggest one for me. He's currently wasting away in Toronto and I'm kinda shocked he wasn't dangled more as trade bait. I think he could really be a dominant PG if handed the keys to a team or could be a fantastic secondary piece at SG with his defense. I just think Toronto would have done better by trading him away for additional assets that fit their needs better.

AiRuPtHeRe™

My vote is going to be for Kyle Lowry. Look at his first few years with the Kings. He was putting up pretty decent scoring numbers as a starter. He evevntually went to the bench and was traded to the Clippers. Since the Clippers LOVED Delonte West, Kyle Lowry was regulated to the bench again and could have been a valuable 6th man for them. He then gets traded to Cleveland where he's behind Kyrie Irving. During a few preseasons you could see what he could do doing around 20/7-8. He will now get his shot in Orlando to show what he could do finally. Feel like if Brad kept him all along he would have been big to that core.

Kings

Ty
Perhaps Aaron Gordon, looks like he can be an elite role player on a contending team right now, he lost touches and attention in Toronto but he’s ready to make an impact now. Can hit threes and rebounds really well for a SF

NCツ

Steve Nash

if ran properly in an outside offense with Minnesotahe would have scored 3+ ppg higher than his career averages. Would have gotten him in the hall of fame. Criminally misused, had to settle on the hall of lame instead

brooks

Thunder
John Wall.
I failed him by moving him to SG. I should have left him at PG.
Regardless, I think wall could be a top 10 player in the league if you were to surround him with a roster with great handles. Let him be a non-option and cook with 18/11 great splits. However, he’ll be memed the rest of his career :/

LukaSZN

Klep is a really good pick right now. I think he's better than Wright and cutting him back was such a tragic mistake. He got one look in Philly and as others have mentioned, he delivered. Someone will max him this offseason and Hokey will feel bad,

Status
Not open for further replies.