NC's 2037 Mock Draft

NCツ

Here is my 2037 Mock Draft, this is not very fun with Donkey owning half the draft and knowing he'll just flip half these picks for more picks.... but here we go!
1.) Boston Celtics (via. Vancouver Grizzlies via. San Antonio Spurs) - Grant Hill
Donkey has 3 picks in the top 5, and should absolutely take advantage of it by acquiring talent in these spots. Instead he trades pick 1 for futures and Boston gets Grant Hill. Grant Hill is easily the best player available and would be great next to Gentile on the wing. Boston will soon be the top dog in the East once all these guys develop.

2.) Vancouver Grizzlies (via. Boston Celtics) - George McGinnis
A franchise that needs to swing for the fences? Vancouver. Donkey traded out of #1 and recently acquired Ben Wallace, so getting the best big in the draft to go next to Wallace would be ideal. McGinnis looks to have a turnover problem that will need addressed, but his volume as a scorer and his rebounding are elite.

3.) Vancouver Grizzlies -D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera
DSR is my favorite guard in this draft class, and Donkey going SF-PF-SG with his three early picks would give him a tremendous young core to build around. DSR looked like a stud in "college" and has the ability to switch over to point guard and have success. DSR-McGinnis-Wallace is a good start if Vancouver is in fact looking to contend soon.

4.) Los Angeles Lakers - Rowan Barrett
The next RJ? Maybe not so, but Barrett could become elite. The 18 year old has top 5 potential and a strong base to work with. There are rumors that the Lakers are looking to trade out of #4, but the Lakers need a superstar and Barrett could be that for them down the road.

5.) Vancouver Grizzlies (via. Houston Rockets) - Kurt Thomas
Donkey is probably trying to build an extremely cheap frontcourt so he can spend his money elsewhere and the addition of Kurt Thomas would be a perfect fir for that. They have McGinnis and Ben Wallace and now enter Kurt Thomas, who is ready to play now, and might even allow Donkey to use McGinnis off the bench. Thomas looks like he should be B C+ D+ B+ B- after his first TC and would give Vancouver an extremely cheap frontcourt rotation.

6.) Detroit Pistons - Tyler Adams
The Pistons have a solid young core already, and with Panic making less decisions I see them not taking a teen here. Instead I see them taking a frontcourt anchor like Tylar Adams. Long has the ability to slide to PF for Adams to play immediately at C, and with Svet and Dr. J on the wings they would soon have one of the best rebounding starting 5 in the league.

7.) Utah Jazz - J.P. Tokoto
I don't love Tokoto, but the Jazz look like they're starting from scratch so why not take the guy with the highest potential in the draft. Tokoto's base is solid, but that is partially inflated by athletics. Luckily the early dunk contest cash Utah would receive could help fund Tokoto's development. Utah will need to be patient with his development, but Notail is good at giving guys the right amount of time to develop so I see this as a perfect fit.

8.) Cleveland Cavaliers - Jermaine Guice
Guice has the fringes, Cleveland has a need at SG, and Hokey likes draft teens so this seems like a no brainer to me. Guice could easily slide over to SG and contribute immediately for this rebuilding Cleveland franchise.

9.) Charlotte Hornets - Terell Castle
In a Point Guard driven league, it's hard to believe the first PG off the board comes in at 9th overall. Charlotte recently moved on from Dave Bing and needs someone to take over that role. Castle came in at 9th overall according to MAPLESCOUTING and with fringes could be C+ B- B B- C- after his first TC.

10.) Vancouver Grizzlies (via. Miami Heat) - Michael Hawkins
Donkey probably trades out for maximum value, but if he doesn't to keep value high he probably goes with the fringey 18 year old point guard. Hawkins already has the 8th best potential so as long as his potential keeps boosting we could see him really explode down the line.

11.) Philadelphia 76ers - Kent Hollenbeck
Kent Hollenbeck just feels like a foreman pick. They need another wing, and Kent fits that. He has A potential plus fringe inside and defense. He struggled with turnovers in "college" but also scored 16 ppg.

12.) Portland Trail Blazers - Le'Bryan Nash
Another team that needs a wing, I can see Nash going to Portland. Nash was one of the best players in our "college" sim and could provide an immediate impact. His potential is not too great, but it's hard to argue with the production he could provide.

13.) Miami Heat (via. Chicago Bulls) - Arnaud Moto
The Heat have been lacking bigs for a few years now, but a guy like Moto could fall right into their lap. The best stretch four in the draft would be a nice piece for Miami to work around as they try and get back into the playoff hunt. As Stray would always say: "don't ruin him by moving him to SF."

14.) Vancouver Grizzlies (via. Golden State Warriors) - Aleksa Avramovic
BPA? High risk pick? Idk, i'm already tired of mocking picks for donkey that I know will be traded. Aleksa is a teen and one of the better defenders in this draft class. He was very impressive in "college" putting up 17.6 ppg on really good splits. If he falls out of the lottery it would be a steal for whoever lands him.

15.) Denver Nuggets (via. Vancouver Grizzlies via. New Orleans Pelicans) - Deng Leek
Jon and Greeme are in unchartered territory, they are kind of rebuilding. They are coming off a first round exit in the playoffs and are looking to get younger. Leek looks like Ben Wallace lite, and after trading Wallace it would just make sense for them to target one of the raw high pot bigs available at 15. Leek will provide the shot blocking and lack of scoring that Greeme loves to have in a Center.

16.) Denver Nuggets (via.Vancouver Grizzlies via. Los Angeles Clippers) - Katin Reinhardt
What is Denver without shooters? Katin Reinhardt with fringes is basically C B+ C- C+ C and has the 21st best potential. He has great size for a shooting guard too giving him the flexibility to play small forward or even point guard. He was also the NCAA 3 point shootout champion, so we know Greeme has Katin near the top of his draft board.

17.) Vancouver Grizzlies (via. Milwaukee Bucks) - Shaquille Cleare
Another boing mock of a Donkey pick, Leek and Cleare are the 2 high potential bigs that I expect to fall out of the lottery and I see Donkey snagging one hear. High pot guys have value longer than other draft picks so that will help Donkey trade him if he desires. Also Cleare would have plenty of time to sit and develop behind Vancouver's trio of Wallace/McGinnis/Thomas.

18.) Vancouver Grizzlies (via. Oklahoma City Thunder) - Wes Saunders
I'm just throwing a dart at the draft board at this point with Donkey's picks. If Vancouver is looking to save money, selecting Wes Saunders as a cench piece would make sense. He doesn't have the potential to become a star, but his production in "college" and his base are good enough for him to get immediate minutes for whoever drafts him.

19.) Denver Nuggets - Mikaile Tmusic
We are almost to the end of a 7 pick stretch of picks owned by either Donkey or Greeme/Jon. Mikaile Tmusic was the NCAA player of the year, but lacks potential. How fitting would it be for another foreign point guard to thrive in Denver too. Tmusic looks game ready and is one of my favorite guys in this draft class.

20.) Vancouver Grizzlies (via. Atlanta Hawks) - Tevon Saddler
Teen shooting guard with good fringes? why not donkey.

21.) Minnesota Timberwolves - Todd Lindeman
Finally a different team to make a pick for. Minnesota has struggled with frontcourt depth for a while, so taking a high potential teen lick Lindeman makes sense. They could have also gone with Theodore Allen with this pick. This class has pretty good depth for frontcourt players

22.) Dallas Mavericks - Trevor Cooney
Cooney feels like a G9 pick to me. Cooney lacks good potential, but is another player that can contribute almost immediately. Cooney is slotted 18th overall by MAPLESCOUTING right behind Theodore Allen and right above Austin McBroom.

23.) Sacramento Kings - Sang-Min Lee
The King's probably snag a teen here to stash and develop while they try and get over the Western Conference Finals hump. Lee comes in with fringe outside shooting and top 30 potential. The upside is there for Lee, he could be the next Amaree Abram for Tyfreak.

24.) Washington Wizards - Theodore Allen
Allen is a teen with the 17th best potential and he might just be the next Malik Rose for Washington. Allen has a really strong base, and if he boosts he could become elite. Theodore Allen definitely has tons of upside as a non lottery pick.

25.) Boston Celtics (via. Phoenix Suns) - Gianmarco Pozzecco
Gianmarco Pozzecco was very impressive in "college." He tallied up 21 ppg and 7.5 apg good shooting splits. This would be a home run pick for Boston as they continue to acquire youth. And if Pozzecco can get that teen boost, he might just become the franchise point guard for the Celtics.

26.) Miami Heat (via. Brooklyn Nets) - Sangjae Kang
Kang is extremely raw, but as a teen with top ten potential I could see Miami targeting another big man here at 26. Sangjae Kang is slotted at #38 on MAPLESCOUTING, but his tremendous upside with get him taken during the first round.

27.) Seattle SuperSonics - Tom Sullivan
Cloud picking right before me is gonna blow. Anyways, Sullivan has top 10 potential and fringe rebounding. He would be a nice project pick for Seattle here at 27.

28.) Atlanta Hawks (via. Donkey via. New York Knicks) - Leandro Vildoza
Vildoza will be one of two teens selected here at the end of the first. Vildoza has fringe handles, but is definitely raw and will need time to develop. I like taking chances at point point guard prospects with late firsts, so this would fit if Vildoza falls to 28.

29.) Indiana Pacers - Pero Blazevski
The teen sharpshooting wing would be a nice low risk selection by the defending champs. With top 20 potential he is definitely a guy who could develop into a late bloomer. Volume maybe an issue for him, but he could become a solid rotational piece for Indiana over the next few years.

Second Round Gems:

Grant Verhoeven
- Stretch four with basically C+/C+ def/reb. Why sign Sam Dower to a max when you could just sign Grant VerHOEven.

Juan Guerrero - Terrible potential, but can contribute immediately.

Markku Larkio - Teen wing with fringe outside and defense.

Josh Adams - Basically C+ C+ C C+ C- with fringes, decent potential.

Travis Trice - Crappy potential, but can shoot and defend.