League Rankings Through 20 Seasons

Foreman

Here we have a statistical breakdown of the top teams in the league throughout twenty seasons. The highest weighted category is championships, but regular season success and playoff success are still accounted for. The numbers in the "Total" column is the outcome of the equation I have. I don't remember when I came up with this equation, or why I chose some numbers as weights, but I feel like it does a good job representing the league as a whole, and not just who has won rings.

The last one I did of this was after five seasons, and can be found here: https://fantasysportsdaily.net/forums/threads/league-rankings-through-5-seasons.875/

The most up to date version is here:

Biggest Leap: The Suns jumped from dead last at 29th up to 9th.

Biggest Fall: The Rockets fell from 8th all the way down to 23rd.

Three Interesting Notes:

The Nuggets are the team with the most playoff appearances at 19. The next closest are the Bulls, Wizards, Suns, and Warriors all tied for 16 appearances.

2. The Bulls and Nuggets are also 1 & 2 respectively in regular season wins, playoff wins, and playoff games played, so that may be an area of improvement for any future iterations of this formula.

3. There are three teams in the 1000 loss club: the Grizzlies, the Mavericks, and the Lakers. The Pistons should be the next team to join the club, as they are only 8 losses short of 1000.

BONUS: Here is the formula for anyone curious:

Total = ((0.375*(5*Win%))+(0.375*((Total Playoff Games/10)*(5*Playoff Win%)))+(0.5*Playoff Appearances)+(1.15*Finals Appearances)+(2.5*Championships))

Last edited: