GO EAST young Man!

The Godfather

Hello Gran Queso lets get to it

#1 How long has Cheddar been in Sim Leagues? FAvorite moment? Least Favorite?

I have been in sim leagues for a long time, if I had to guess I would say 15+ years. I stumbled into them when I was on a Lakers discussion forum when I was a young man. It did not take me long to get hooked. I enjoy the process of building a team and acquiring assets. I am not sure I could pick a favorite or least favorite moment off hand. I have won titles in other leagues plenty of times, I always enjoy that. I was once able to acquire LeBron, KD, and Westbrook on the same team in their prime so that would probably be one of the highlights. I have had a few bumps and bruises getting accustomed to this league and realistically staying active in the past. Usually that coincides with another league opening with the guys I came up learning FBB with. Getting in arguments with Panda/Brooks were probably the most petty moments I have had, so definitely do not enjoy those moments.

#2 How would you summarize the current ensemble of BSL GM's?

I enjoy the current state of GMs in the league. At this point in my life I really don't have time for drama, I do this for fun in my spare time so if I get on here to constantly see arguing it really depletes interest for me. I think the current crew seems solid and pretty laid back, it is much easier to enjoy compared to what we have had to deal with in the past few months. Overall I think the decision to start this and leave a select few GMs behind was beneficial for the league.

#3 What is a trade (any team/s) that you would make atm?

Well I may not be the correct person to ask about this, as I have recently traded my core of Kyrie and Beal in order to rebuild. But I would say if I were the Bucks I would consider moving Giannis. He's only 26 so if you want to stick it out and keep a team around him, but you do run the risk of losing him this offseason. With the current state of the team I would highly consider sending him to a team who would be willing to send a huge rebuilding offer. Teams like the Magic or Mavs who have a solid amount of young talent/pick(s) and may be looking to switch from rebuild to competing in the near future. Although again it would be tough to make that work from the rebuilding teams side as Giannis is expiring and has a high play for winner rating.

#4 Best trade and worst trade you've made in any league and why?

That's a tough call, of recent memory one of the best trades I made was for Romeo in our last league. I was able to get a good amount of young talent in return and flip my team around pretty quickly. As far as worst, I remember way back when I first started in leagues I sent a 30 ppg player to one of the more experienced GMs and in return I got a mediocre defensive big. I can't recall who they were but I remember it being really bad.

#5 Rank yourself as a GM?

I would say I find myself to be a competent GM. Made the finals last season, granted I started with a solid team. Recently my trades have been called into question and I do get it as I was very fond of the Kyrie/Beal duo. But I also felt like I wanted to switch things up and build my team from the bottom up. I could be a little bit more disciplined at times, but overall I feel like I can hold my own. I like where my building blocks are right now with Ja/MPJ/Lotto picks and some other solid youth. I just felt it was time to change things up and build my own team. I love winning, but I also love building teams via negotiating and drafting. So sitting on a team for seasons on end can sometimes make me lose interest.

Lets get to Cheddar the person

#6 What is the origin and why the nickname Cheddar?

Cheddar comes from the old 8 Mile movie and Cheddar Bob. Some of my friends used to call me that back in the day. It kind of stuck with me so I just kept it around for years. Since I have been using it for so long it's pretty synonymous with myself for these leagues so I just keep it the same in each league, it makes things much easier. One thing I hate is constant changing of usernames, it makes it much more difficult to identify GMs.

#7 Where do you live and what do you do?

I live in Maryland, born and raised here. I am currently a Financial Services Advisor for a bank. It isn't a glamorous job, but it pays the bills and affords me some opportunity to spend time on my side gig as a fictional General Manager for a basketball team! I have been in the banking industry for nearly ten years now. It's pretty boring stuff.

#8 You must spend $1,000 dollars tonight, what do you do/spend it on?

I would definitely take my wife and kid out for some fun. Likely to end up spending a good portion of that on food and booze too. I may even try to buy an ownership stake in your donut shop pal! I would definitely spend it on a good night for my family. Past me would likely have a great night out on the town with some friends and other fun things (cough, cough the Devil's Lettuce) but as life goes on we all tend to change our priorities.

#9 3 Gms you would like to know in a personal level? and 3 you would try to avoid at all costs?

Hmm never really thought about it honestly. So I have known Ty, Brack, and you for a while so I wouldn't mind getting to know you guys on a personal level per se, though sometimes I do wonder about your mental stability dear friend! As far as GMs I would avoid, I can honestly say I have no qualms with any of the GMs here currently. So I wouldn't really avoid any of you all at all costs. That isn't a political answer, it's the honest truth. Back in the day I would easily say Brooks/Panda for sure. They are just dicks at all times.

#10 Favorite Sport/s and Team/s?

I am an East Coast guy for most everything. My favorite sport to watch is football and I am a huge Redskins fan. Have been since I can remember, I actually have this plastic locker in my garage that is basically a full sized school locker with the Redskins on it. I have had it for 25+ years probably. I am also an Orioles fan, though that is fairly difficult right now. Cal Ripken Jr. was my idol growing up. I am an avid hockey fan as well, definitely love the Caps. As you can see the rest of my teams are usually pretty terrible so the Caps winning it all last year gave me a glimmer of hope as a sports fan. For basketball, I am a Lakers fan...I know odd right? Considering all my other teams are from the East. I was actually a huge Shaq fan when I was young when he was with the Magic. When he signed with the Lakers I followed him. By then I stuck with the Lakers even when he was traded.