GM #1:

1. Best pick of the first and second round

Round 1: Zion, HM to Jamal Murray
Round 2: Wendell Carter Jr., HM to Cade

2. Worst pick of the first and second round

Round 1: Chet. Thought Paolo/Scoot were slight reaches as well
Round 2: Darius Garland

3. Does any team stand out as talented but might not fit together

Pacers make no sense to me. Brandon Miller is going to take 3-4 years to develop and Jokic is in his prime now

4. The inverse, any teams that might not be as talented but could play off of each other well?

N/A

5. Does any team stand out as "championship or bust" right out of the gate? Do you think this is a good strat?

Pretty much any of the teams that went all in on older players are locked into a relatively short contention window. Warriors, Wolves, Pistons, Bucks, Jazz all sort of fit that mold. I think it's a solid strategy if you think you can be one of the top 6-8 contenders for at least 2-3 years. Also, typically GMs are reluctant to overindex on older players in a redraft, so going for a championship early can be a good way to maximize value.

6. Does any tanking team jump off the books as in great shape? Do you think this is a good strat?

I think it makes sense if the right guys fell to you in the 1st round. Also it doesn't look like that many teams leaned heavily into tanking, which makes it a slightly better strategy.

7. Which trend did you notice that you think is going to be successful?

Finding bargain bin picks as much as possible early gives you a lot of flexibility to pick up good players later in the draft that other teams can't afford.

Also not a trend as much as a mindset - I think the GMs with the best drafts will be those that are willing to adjust their strategy based on who goes off the board rather than tunnel visioning on a single strategy.

8. Which trend did you notice that you hated?

N/A

9. Which GM was most predictable and true to their sterotype?

Air drafting a guard with A+ inside is objectively hilarious.

10. Which GM surprised you for whatever reason?

It's honestly a surprise to see Donkey seemingly trying again. He has a pretty good team so far.

GM #2:

I think people forgot to check the second index with the Pelicans, because Zion Williamson falling all the way to #16 was insane. He led the league in scoring at only 23. In the second round, it was DeAndre Ayton falling all the way to #40. Someone pointed it out, but he had great numbers behind so many scorers on the Suns. He is going to be dominant.

In the first round, the worst pick for me was LaMelo Ball at #19 to the Nuggets. Ball is a guy who needs to improve a lot defensively, and he's not a super high volume scorer yet. His potential could get him there, but it's a gamble in the first round when there were better guys available. In the second round, I think it's LeBron. I have always been against going all out for one year, and that's what you're doing with LeBron who is more than likely going to retire right away.

The Trail Blazers have a lot of talent with Giannis and OG, and are going to be elite defensively, but are going to need to really lean on Giannis in an inside offense. Getting someone like Harden would've been perfect here.

4. The inverse, any teams that might not be as talented but could play off of each other well?

The Wizards have a really interesting pairing in Devin Booker and Lauri. I can see this actually working well, as Lauri is one of the bigs that can thrive in an outside offense.

5. Does any team stand out as "championship or bust" right out of the gate? Do you think this is a good strat?

The obvious answer is the Pistons with Kevin Durant and LeBron James. This isn't the right strategy, we've all seen how random FBB playoffs can be, so going all out for one year is a mistake.

6. Does any tanking team jump off the books as in great shape? Do you think this is a good strat?

Nobody is really tanking per se, but the Spurs landing Amen and Chet is perfect. They get two guys on a rookie contract and after a TC or two, they could easily flip the switch and go all in with them. It's certainly a better strategy than going all in.

7. Which trend did you notice that you think is going to be successful

A few teams are swooping in and taking on the bigger contracts and that's going to pay dividends for them. Getting Damian Lillard mid-second round and James Harden third round are steals. Don't be afraid of contracts.

The young players on rookie deals are getting way overdrafted. Scoot at 15 was a big overdraft, as well as Brandon Miller late in the second round. Banking on pot when there are great proven commodities available is the wrong way to go about the creation draft.

Air picking DeAndre Ayton feels like the most Air pick of all time. He always has a team full of elite big men in every iteration. And usually there's a mediocre point guard manning the ship, which is probably going to be LaMelo Ball.

I think player going for a younger team with Victor and Keegan was surprising. Player competed almost the entirety of last iteration, and consistently traded all of his futures for talent. So it's a little surprising to see him start off with a rebuild.

GM #3:

Best pick in the first is EASILY Zion. Gopher got gifted.

2nd round hasn’t been as crazy, but I like McCollum on the Raptors.

Scoot Henderson or Paolo in the first. Kobe Brown easily takes the cake for the 2nd.

Pacers. Zero idea why they took Miller… just doesn’t fit.

More difficult on this one. Maybe the 76ers? Crafty team that needs a PG still.

Pistons and Wolves. Hey; if it gets a ring or two, why not. Not really giving up assets to get it done.

6. Does any tanking team jump off the books as in great shape?

#1 pick - Hokey. He’s drafting young and has the best spec in the entire file. He’s gotta hope and pray that Wemby turns into that All-NBA star.

As for the strategy- tough to say. The picks in the 22-29 range are at a massive disadvantage in regards to obtaining balanced talent if they wanted to compete. That third banana is just not going to be good enough unfortunately, so they should likely aim for the future.

Seems like a league loaded with bigs and very little effective PGs. Haliburton was a great selection and could see him locking in the Thunder for quite some time.

People not picking a direction and drafting both olds and youths.

Hokey lol. Tank forever.

Donkey going all in!

GM #4:

1-1 I’ll go best value with Zion. Him at 16 is insane to me. Dame lasting that low was an awesome value pick for cloud

2- Worst scoot. I don’t love him that early with that much talent left. Just don’t like it. He could work out but that was a risky pick. 2nd round Brandon miller. I don’t see it that’s a wild risk with Jokic already there

3-Cade and Mitchell is a potential elite duo that I think might have some problems. Don’t really see that much talent that doesn’t fit as good so I went them

4- hali and Mikal not the most talented duo but I like the fit of both players. Think both can be good players.

5- Curry with KD and Lebron and Cloud with butler and dame both fit this and both are off to a hell of a start

6. Does any tanking team jump off the books as in great shape?

6- Hokey. Murray and wemby are awesome with their pot and base. And then the other kid has 86 pot? That’s nice with a decent looking start. Very solid start for him

7-the bigs run was interesting. Think people are trying to grab as many good bigs as they can. I still think I’d rather go with a PG over the bigs but I understand it. Think it’ll work fine either way but have to find a decent PG to win it all

8- I think some people are overdoing the bargain contract thing. I think people are giving up some talent for contracts. Don’t love it

9- Josh jumping on some young controllable talent not surprised. Cloud and curry jumping out for win now superstars right away wasnt shocking either

10- donkey surprised me a little. Less meme more trying to build a good team right away. I like it. Might be trying to take things serious very cool hope to see it

GM #5:

First Round: Zion - terrific value
Second Round: LeBron - perfect team fit

First Round: Wemy - Could have the certified best player in the league for 5 years and you decide to tank instead. Soft.
Second Round: Garland - Flat out isn't a good player

Pistons are the most talented team, but not having a big could hurt them in some matchups

Zion is elite but Maxey and Jonas aren't quite stars. Either way, I think if Maxey takes care of the ball, Jonas crushes the glass, and Zion carries with ppg and efficiency the whole could be greater than its parts

Pistons and Wolves. Pistons genuinely have one chance and it's over. I think it's a good strat.

Spurs. Josh knows what he's doing.

There are 5-7 teams who are all in. Some more than others, but I think snagging a top 5-10 guy and trying to win right out of the gate was the optimal way to play given the class presented to us.

These young guys are bad. Outside of Wemby, not sure any of the young players have much of a chance to be a top 5-10-15 guy in the next few years. Wouldn't be surprised if the incoming draft classes lap them.

Hokey and Jason. The start and end of the draft. Yin and Yang. Hokey going Wemby is a tough look but predictable, Jason being mentally beat down before he even picked and being in no mans land.

Gopher - good GM but I thought he might just hoard 1000 picks again right out of the gate.
Player - The king of going all in. Takes Ant over Embiid though. Did not see that coming