A Showdown in the NorthWest..

The Godfather

Morning sir lets go

Question #1- What is EMC stand for? How did it come about?

1. My first name is Erik and my last name is one of the many Irish last names that start with the prefix Mc and is short for Mac.

Question #2- Portland is kind of a quiet Sim League Team, what moves have you made since season one that have made you better? and which moves have made you worse?

2. The best move I probably made was trading two future picks and Meyers Leonard’s bloated contract to the Spurs for LaMarcus Aldridge. LMA has given us a good third scoring option to play along with Damian Lillard and C.J. McCollum.

However this also turned out to be good for the Spurs since it helped them ultimately land Zion Williamson in the draft. Not to mention the future 2023 1st could potentially be good for them since my future is uncertain with Dame, C.J., and LMA all expiring at the end of the season. Plus Jusuf Nurkic expires the following season.

I don’t feel like I have really made a terrible move yet. I guess trading a 1st to the Wizards for Trevor Ariza was kind of underwhelming. Though I would like to think Ariza boosted our awful defense to a bad defense. Plus I was able to move Mo Harkless’ contract in the deal as well.

Question #3- If you could have any other team (instead of your own) which team would you want and why?

3. I guess the Wizards. They have an awesome duo of wings in Jayson Tatum and Jimmy Butler mixed with nice youth all over the roster. And this is after GB moved an elite wing in Bradley Beal. Very impressive rebuild.

Question #4- How long you been playing in Sim Leagues? Best moment? Worst moment?

4. I think I started around 2009 on a league ran by DTP.

The best moment was when I won my one and only championship in BSL a number of years ago with the Timberwolves led by John Wall, Nerlens Noel, James Farr, and Malik Newman with an inside/balanced focus. It was particularly great because when I first started in BSL I was definitely one of the worst GMs. But I was able to basically build up the team from the ground up and made it to the finals three times in a row.

The worst moment was probably when my Jazz lost by one point in game seven of the finals two BSL iterations ago.

Question #5- What Retro players (list 2) would you like to see in a draft first and why?

5. I don’t really care. Many of the retro players don’t really translate well to the modern game. I’ll go with Clyde Drexler and Gary Payton.

Question #6- Single, Married, Single with benefits? Who are you?

6. I’m single and don’t really do very well with the ladies.

Not really sure how to answer this final sub question. I feel like Alice trying to answer the caterpillar. I don’t know. I’m not really that exciting. Seems to be a theme so far. I like to go to the movies, watch tv shows. I nerd out on Star Wars, Game of Thrones, Marvel and DC tv/movies. I will go through phases of video game playing. The last one I finished was probably Red Dead Redemption 2. And I’ll follow and root for my Beavers and Blazers no matter how futile that might be. I’m starting to feel like I’m filling out a dating profile so I’ll stop there.

Question #7- What is your day look like today

7. On a typical weekday after I get back from work I usually fool around watching some YouTube videos. I like hearing about the latest news on movies and tv shows that are in development. Later in the day I usually watch something on Netflix/Hulu/Amazon. I currently just started The Sinner which is a USA show on Netflix starring Jessica Biel.

Question #8- Chinnese, Italian, Indian or American Food? Favorite dish and Favorite spot for it?

8. I would probably say Italian is my favorite. My city doesn’t really have a great Italian restaurant that I’m aware of. I’d have to go up to Portland for something really good. So probably would go to The Olive Garden for some spaghetti and meatballs. I’m pretty plain when it comes to food for the most part.

Question #9 - What are you listening to?

9. I generally have a fairly eclectic taste in music. I don’t really like much modern contemporary music. My jam is ‘90s rock like Nirvana, Oasis, Smashing Pumpkins, The Cranberries. I also like ‘70s/‘80s stuff like The Eagles and Journey.

Question #10- 2 Week vacation to Europe, you can take 2 GMs with you, Who is on the plane and why?

10. First off I majored in history in college so for me to go to Europe would be really exciting. I would be a dork trying to see everything I could. I don’t know. I’m probably the least social GM. Everybody has generally been cool with me. I guess cloud and beats. They’ve always been nice and seem like cool guys.